Error message Insecure http not allowed by platform

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adlopez

Reaction score
Hi,
I just bought the 4k with the dual wifi controller. When I try to update the wifi information on the Hydros app, I am getting an error and cannot proceed. Any one else familiar with this error.
"Exception Bad state: Insecure http not allowed by platform"

I have an android note 9.

Did you purchase the unit new? What is the color of the STATUS LED light?

Ok, you have a very old version of firmware that was replaced over a year ago. Android and Apple disallowed regular HTTP connections for security reasons. If you do not mind, submit a ticket at CoralVue Support Portal and we will send you a new unit with a new firmware that fixes the issue. If you submit today, we will send out the replacement tomorrow!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Carlos-
No issue. Thanks again, brother. Your personal customer service since MACNA in Orlando is the reason I have come back time and time again. On a side note, I recently purchased mine from saltwateraquarium.com, so they may have a batch of Wave Engines with bad Firmware.
Ok, you have a very old version of firmware that was replaced over a year ago. Android and Apple disallowed regular HTTP connections for security reasons. If you do not mind, submit a ticket at CoralVue Support Portal and we will send you a new unit with a new firmware that fixes the issue. If you submit today, we will send out the replacement tomorrow!

Hi,
I just bought the 4k with the dual wifi controller. When I try to update the wifi information on the Hydros app, I am getting an error and cannot proceed. Any one else familiar with this error.
"Exception Bad state: Insecure http not allowed by platform"

I have an android note 9.
Did you see everything above? I bet you have the same issue. Hope this gets it fixed for you.

Have to ask because I have been asked the same question as this one. I sent them here because I didn't know the answer on how to fix this issue because I never saw it. Seeing your answer could you not use a pc and update the firmware through the pc and the web application?

Seeing your answer could you not use a pc and update the firmware through the pc and the web application?

Yes you can update the firmware via PC or Mac but ONLY if the item has already been added to your account and it is connected to the cloud. The PC or Mac use the browser and unfortunately, due to security issues, both PC and Mac DO NOT allow the browser to access Bluetooth. Therefore, you cannot run the initial WiFi setup on a PC or Mac. You NEED to use a mobile device for that. BUT, after the initial WiFi setup, you can do everything with the web app on your PC or Mac.

Yes you can update the firmware via PC or Mac but ONLY if the item has already been added to your account and it is connected to the cloud. The PC or Mac use the browser and unfortunately, due to security issues, both PC and Mac DO NOT allow the browser to access Bluetooth. Therefore, you cannot run the initial WiFi setup on a PC or Mac. You NEED to use a mobile device for that. BUT, after the initial WiFi setup, you can do everything with the web app on your PC or Mac.

Ahh that makes sense.. Initial set up, I was not even thinking that for Bluetooth.
I think that is because the WE did not have Bluetooth originally and was set up via WIFI that a PC might via WIFI.
I get it.

Back