0-10v out for temperature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KenRexford

Reaction score
GHL has a fan (propeller breeze 3) that looks great. It has its own controller that can be run with 0-10v interface to ramp up/down fan speed based on temp. I would love to acquire the fan and controller but use my Hydros Controller to control it.

It looks like the controller has 0-10V input in the form of an RJ45 jack. If that is the case, and assuming that the pinout is the same as the "other" controller, you should be able to use the following cable to control the fan:

The only problem is that you will use two channels to control the fan's speed, therefore, wasting one channel.

You could also use the following to split the channels:
The second option will allow you only to use one channel and have three other outputs for other fans or pumps.

Ok, some somehow I have a tangled web connection. I am ok with that. Is there a way to use Hydros Controller to ramp up fan speed based on temperature? I am imagining, say, 10% if temp is 79, up to 100% if temp is 80+. Can that be programmed with these cables?

You cannot do that now, but it is a feature that we could add. We already do something similar with a Calcium Reactor where the HYDROS Control adjusts the pH inside the reactor chamber based on the Alkalinity reading.

It would not be hard to do the same thing where fan speed (0-10V) tracks temperature. You set a temperature range, and the higher the temperature falls within the range, the higher voltage (fan speed), and the lower the temperature falls within that range, the lower the voltage (fan speed).

I will add it to the wishlist.

Thanks! That seems to be a good general feature. I can imagine other type on ramp-up or ramp-down applications for temperature, like controllable T-5. Rather than all off if too hot, ramp down as temp rises might be nice. Similarly, ramping up gyres if hot would seem helpful.

You cannot do that now, but it is a feature that we could add. We already do something similar with a Calcium Reactor where the HYDROS Control adjusts the pH inside the reactor chamber based on the Alkalinity reading.

It would not be hard to do the same thing where fan speed (0-10V) tracks temperature. You set a temperature range, and the higher the temperature falls within the range, the higher voltage (fan speed), and the lower the temperature falls within that range, the lower the voltage (fan speed).

I will add it to the wishlist.
I am guessing this is still on waitlist? I want to do same thing. Thanks

Back