1st Collective question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reaction score
I have XP8, Control x10, wave engine v2

My understanding is I can command bus regular cable to and from thr xp8 and WE but what do I do with the x10

I have 3 command Bus and 2 terminators. Is this the right way ?

Or 2 command bus 1 data and 2 terminators
Thank you in advance

I have XP8, Control x10, wave engine v2

My understanding is I can command bus regular cable to and from thr xp8 and WE but what do I do with the x10

I have 3 command Bus and 2 terminators. Is this the right way ?

Or 2 command bus 1 data and 2 terminators
Thank you in advance
They daisy chain together. You would need a command bus cable to add in another controller to an existing collective. The order is not important. Just make sure that the firmware on the new controller matches the one the controllers in the collective before you add it into the collective using the app. It needs to be hardware connected before it can be added in the app. When connecting the hardware power down all controllers.

Last edited:
They daisy chain together. You would need a command bus cable to add in another controller to an existing collective. The order is not important. Just make sure that the firmware on the new controller matches the one the controllers in the collective before you add it into the collective using the app. It needs to be hardware connected before it can be added in the app. When connecting the hardware power down all controllers.
Ok so I was adding the controls. That went fine. When I added the xp8 I heard a "click" and everything connected to it shut off. I deleted the device from the collective and tried to do xp8 dead alone but nothing is getting powered. Did it get fried?

When you add a controller to a collective any programing you have done to it will be erased. The only controller that retains its settings is the first controller that is added to a collective. All others have their settings erased and all inputs and outputs will need to be setup again in the collective.

When you add a controller to a collective any programing you have done to it will be erased. The only controller that retains its settings is the first controller that is added to a collective. All others have their settings erased and all inputs and outputs will need to be setup again in the collective.
What in the. Damn well that sucks. Can I upload the settings I downloaded?

If you still have them in the controller you can use it as an example and set them up in the collective without the ports set just leave them at none until you add the controller to the collective. I would also take screenshots of the setups for each output and input on the controller before adding it to the collective so you have something to refer to if needed. Most of the time you will be adding a new controller to the collective so it should not have anything setup on it yet.

If you still have them in the controller you can use it as an example and set them up in the collective without the ports set just leave them at none until you add the controller to the collective. I would also take screenshots of the setups for each output and input on the controller before adding it to the collective so you have something to refer to if needed. Most of the time you will be adding a new controller to the collective so it should not have anything setup on it yet.
Dang. Ok. That shit was scary when I lost power to everything. Seems like a I need time to do this. Will have to do it later tonight. Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely screen shot everything

Back