Adding WIFI device fails now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

perryj

Reaction score
I get this error when trying to add a new quad outlet ,on all 3 platforms (web , iOS , and Android)
I have seen this before, but only intermittently. Now its every time.
Any ideas ?
(I have 5 wifi outlets now , 3 quads and 2 singles . control 4)

Screenshot (1).png

I get this error when trying to add a new quad outlet ,on all 3 platforms (web , iOS , and Android)
I have seen this before, but only intermittently. Now its every time.
Any ideas ?
(I have 5 wifi outlets now , 3 quads and 2 singles . control 4)

View attachment 403
Power off the controller and then right after starting it up again, run the wifi strip setup.

The registration server might be running a little slow. We have seen that happen a few times already. Reboot the control and try again and it will go through. The power strip company's server might be overloaded and taking a little longer than it should. Sorry for the inconvenience.

We will extend the "pairing" time in the next version of the app to account for the times when the server is running a little slow.

Thanks again. However-

Still wont work.

And it won't connect to the cloud or network? anymore , been flashing red since last reboot about 40-50 mins ago.

App will not connect via network (yes i rebooted everything)
Bluetooth connected app (got luck, usually wont work on android) shows all outputs as "no response yet"
but all wifi devices as "responding"
Seems like conflicting information.

Outlet strips all have normal red light , like they are connected ok

Not a big deal.
This is just one of many ,many bugs I have encountered and should have anticipated ,being an early adopter has its downfalls.
I think I will go back to my custom PLC based control for my main tank. It is ultra reliable, has lots of IO , and does not need the internet for anything.
It's just a little bulky.

I will continue to use the Hydros for other non essential tasks ( if I can get it to work again).
This control has a lot of potential, I hope it, and the apps evolve and mature with time because I really like the app interface
and ease of programming (when it works). I also like the small form factor of the hardware.

I know you guys are working on wired outlets and this would get rid of a lot of the issues I have been having since i got this control.
Being able to use it without any internet access is also going to be a requirement for me to continue using it for anything important.
So far , when my internet service fails so does the control . It continues working for some time with yellow lights, but eventually goes red (after a couple hours )
and becomes non responsive. Perhaps this would not happen without the wireless outlets.

anyway, thanks for responding

Have you tried restarting your router? If the units were connected prior and they disconnected now, including flashing red, then the issue is the router.

Back