Can’t install update at all on new device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

drizztdourden_

Reaction score
Hi,

The update process / UI needs to be improved a lot. It is far from intuitive and filled with bugs.

I had an issue (and still do) updating my XP8 that was in a collective. I though that was because it was in a collective and literally abandoned trying to get it to work. No real support or follow up on my other thread.

Today, I received an X2, which I need to extend my drives ports. And it came out of the box with 244. It detected 263 from the get go. I tried to download and install it. Download went “fine” at first. Install does nothing and doesn’t want to trigger at all. Then after trying again, the download failed half the times. Install not doing anything.

This is now a serious issue. I can’t use my devices to their full potential and am stuck here. The UI/UX is awful for the user (I am a UI/UX designer). Why does it need to be 2 separate buttons? Why can’t the update be one thing? Buttons have no feedback when clicked/touched. It just refreshes after some times and maybe you get something or maybe not. We have no output for anything.

If the user click download and it fails, you get a “Failed” status at the top. This is not enough to start troubleshooting anything on your own. Feedback on why it fails is important for the user here. When you click a button, if the app doesn’t react, you have no clue what’s going on. You need some feedback there as well, a popup to say the request has been sent, that it’s trying to contact the server or install or whatever else. Could be a floating bar at the top or bottom. Could be a message anywhere but it needs some kind of way to tel the user what’s going on. Just an animation on the button that does nothing except that is really not enough…

And it also needs to actually work. That I have a brand new device that also can’t update is worrysome st this point.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

The newer units use a higher firmware version due to hardware differences in the new controllers. These cannot use a lower firmware version than the one that comes pre installed on them. Don try to downgrade them or upgrade your others to match. This will be cleared up on the next updates. In the meantime disregard the message about firmware when first starting the app.

Hi,

The update process / UI needs to be improved a lot. It is far from intuitive and filled with bugs.

I had an issue (and still do) updating my XP8 that was in a collective. I though that was because it was in a collective and literally abandoned trying to get it to work. No real support or follow up on my other thread.

Today, I received an X2, which I need to extend my drives ports. And it came out of the box with 244. It detected 263 from the get go. I tried to download and install it. Download went “fine” at first. Install does nothing and doesn’t want to trigger at all. Then after trying again, the download failed half the times. Install not doing anything.

This is now a serious issue. I can’t use my devices to their full potential and am stuck here. The UI/UX is awful for the user (I am a UI/UX designer). Why does it need to be 2 separate buttons? Why can’t the update be one thing? Buttons have no feedback when clicked/touched. It just refreshes after some times and maybe you get something or maybe not. We have no output for anything.

If the user click download and it fails, you get a “Failed” status at the top. This is not enough to start troubleshooting anything on your own. Feedback on why it fails is important for the user here. When you click a button, if the app doesn’t react, you have no clue what’s going on. You need some feedback there as well, a popup to say the request has been sent, that it’s trying to contact the server or install or whatever else. Could be a floating bar at the top or bottom. Could be a message anywhere but it needs some kind of way to tel the user what’s going on. Just an animation on the button that does nothing except that is really not enough…

And it also needs to actually work. That I have a brand new device that also can’t update is worrysome st this point.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
Reach out to support@coralvue.com and someone can assist you directly. Support may not see every issue on this forum and directly contacting them will get you a response quicker.

Back