Collective Broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

brentlee6969

Reaction score
So I received my command bus cable excited to get my Control 4 connected to my WaveEngine. I walked through the guide on making a collective got everything connected and now it is telling me my collective is broken. Before connecting the WaveEngine the collective was ok and if I remove the WaveEngine again it is ok, am I missing something simple?

Also you cannot use the Control power supply with a wave engine connected with that cable. The wave engine will power the control unit.

It is a resistor, without it the communication will not work correctly. On a small system like yours you only need one. On mine with 7 control units and a 40ft difference from end to end I use two. One one each end. There is a post in DIY about making one with a connector here CommandBus Terminator

Awesome thanks for the help just ordered the terminator. Gonna get firmware's correct and when I get the terminator will get all of it connected back together.

They are both on 186?
Danny, I had the same problem as well. I just want to clarify:

I had a control 4 and 2 collective. Added the wave engine, and collective was broken. So, I should disconnect the power supply to the collective and use only the power supply for the wave engine for this collective? I have terminators, BTW.

Once you connect the wave engine with a standard command buss cable you have to use it to power the collective. The power packs are not able to power the buss if there is another power source. You can have more than one wave engine or XP8 in the collective without an issue. It is just the power pack than cannot connect to an already powered buss. Make sure you have current firmware on the control units and the wave engine before connecting it to the collective.

I suggest you update your devices to the latest firmware. There are many changes and optimizations done on the firmware that make collective's stronger. Collectives are something we are always trying to make better and more reliable.

Back