Collective Issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shadowfire

Reaction score
I recently added a wave engine le and two power bars to my system and created a collective. Everything ran fine as two separate systems (Control 4 and Wave Engine ran independently for a week while I waited on a command cable) but since I created the collective I am randomly having outlets not respond and not turn off when they are supposed to. An example is my heater which is supposed to shut off at 81.5 F (doing an invert quarantine at 80.5) has spiked to 85 twice in the last three days because the controller showed that it was off but the power strip kept running. It did the same thing with lights not turning off or on when they are supposed to. I had a pump in my salt water mix station that wouldn’t power on during a water change today. Each time I have had to reboot the collective to get it to start working. I’m really getting frustrated and nervous. If my dosing pump sticks on and dumps 5 gallons of kalk into the system it’s going to be really bad. Tonight I tried to access the app and it showed collective broken and the control 4 wouldn’t respond at all. I had to delete the flow schedule and pump outputs and remove the wave engine from the collective to get the controller to start responding again. It is all reconnected at the moment but I’m not sure what is going to fail next. I’m so happy I have my fish and most of my corals in quarantine tanks that aren’t connected to the controller at the moment. Does anyone have any advice? I really want this system to work, I’ve invested a lot into it in the past couple of months.

Control 4
2 - RODI Solenoids
3 - water level sensors
temp sensor
ph probe
wave engine le
2 - icecap 2k gyre
4 - 4 outlet power bars

Here are some screenshots showing the temp fluctuations above and below temp when the controller has lost control of the outlets and a couple of shots from the broken collective fiasco.

2F7ADC8F-8C98-4114-A584-B480DDAE159C.pngFB9465C5-9311-43DB-A2AC-123516DFA6A8.png7E0665A1-24B0-4901-B932-A55B464D778F.png

Do you have the terminators for the command buss? Also the gaps in the graphs are usually caused on mine when I loose internet connection. Could something happened to your wifi during that time frame. I do not run dosing pumps on a wifi power strip. All of mine are on drive ports.

What was the color of the control unit when the collective was broken? It looks like the collective was unable to get a response from your main controller, so the WaveEngine had to take over as the master due to an emergency. The WaveEngine took over as master to allow you to access the collective and see the error BUT, the WaveEngine cannot control the WiFi strips, so in this case, all it did was keep the connection alive so you could see what the problem was and take action.

Back