Command Bus Max Range

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Raiden

Reaction score
Using this or potentially a DIY option - HYDROS Command Bus Cable (DATA Only) - HYDROS how far can things be split apart?
I haven't checked for sure, but I would probably want a 100' cable, would this be still good or serial signal would degrade too much?

My RO/DI system and an ATO container are fairly far apart, I used around 60-70 feet of PVC pipe to do a run from RO/DI barrel to ATO barrel, a more direct run of cable might be possible in 50, but maybe would have to be more.

I have Iwaki pump in garage that can push water from 55g barrel in the garage into a 30g barrel on the second floor that will be used for ATO. Pump is already on an XP8 outlet, I would just want to add two water level sensors to the ATO barrel to turn it on and off as it automatically would refill from garage RO/DI barrel. Also would want to auto mate RO/DI barrel refill, but that's simpler at least from distance perspective as collective of things is already there.

It does not mention max length of data only, just powered databus, at least not that I noticed.

Back