Creating Collective from existing Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mikey V

Reaction score
Maybe I’m blind but I haven’t seen a way to create a new “collective” from my existing Control 4 without starting over from scratch. I’ve been using my control4 for 2 years and need more sensors ports so I purchased an XS. But discovered I need to make a collective so they can talk to each other. But it looks like if I do that I have to recreate all of my other hydros setting like my light schedules my outlet rules and dosing schedules. I really really don’t want to do that. Is there a way to create a collective and keep what I already have made?

Please tell me I don’t have to start over to add a couple of sense ports

Maybe I’m blind but I haven’t seen a way to create a new “collective” from my existing Control 4 without starting over from scratch. I’ve been using my control4 for 2 years and need more sensors ports so I purchased an XS. But discovered I need to make a collective so they can talk to each other. But it looks like if I do that I have to recreate all of my other hydros setting like my light schedules my outlet rules and dosing schedules. I really really don’t want to do that. Is there a way to create a collective and keep what I already have made?

Please tell me I don’t have to start over to add a couple of sense ports
make sure you have your original controller accessed then go and create your collective. The controller you have access to when you create a collective is the first member and all the settings are transferred to the new collective. Make sure and update changes after creating the collective. You should now be accessing thr collective with your original controller as a member along with any inputs and outputs that were setup. Then you have to add your other controllers to the collective one at a time. Any you add after the creation will have their settings erased but in most cases these will be newly acquired controller that have no settings yet. To add the select device in the left menu and click the + sign in lower right to add another device to the collective.

Thanks for the reply, I swear I thought that’s what I did the first time and everything looked like it was erased. So I deleted everything and restored it from backups(thankfully hydros makes that easy). I just tried it again the way you described and it works perfectly! Thanks for the response I appreciate it!

No problem, glad to help. I am guess you also got the new controller added ok also?

Back