Device run time settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MartinM

Reaction score
So I use Hydros for my ATO, and I just had a water sensor fail in the 'dry' setting which means the ATO just kept running (I love the Hydros, but I wish they had an option to purchase high quality made in western nation sensors instead of low quality Chinese sensors, I've had many sensors and drive accessories of many different kinds fail). Thankfully things were set up in such a way that if this were to occur there were additional safety measures, but I still want to make certain that the ATO pump cannot run more than X seconds per day. I was under the impression that I could use advanced settings to set a minimum off time and maximum on time, but it seems that Hydros automatically overrides these settings when the ATO sensor is 'Dry'. It warns me that the pump has been on longer than it's supposed to, but it doesn't prevent the pump from being on longer than it's supposed to. Is this possible? Thanks!

You did not have maximum on time setup with run past max on time set to off so it would shutoff if it were on too long? I have my maximum on time set to 3 minutes and I use a dosing pump for my ATO pump. it has a flow rate of 43ml a minute so the most my ATO will dispense at any one time is 129ml. Once max on time is exceeded it turns off the pump and sends an alert for it and it will remain off until the sensor goes wet or I intervene. I would suggest setting this up on any ATO output. The max on time will have to be set to match what is good for your tank. You can also limit the maximum amount in a given time by using a minimum off time also. With that it has to stay off for that amount of time before it turns back on.

IMG_0741.png

Back