Equipment Needed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

FRANKIEQB

Reaction score
I have an X3 controller and used both sense ports and obviously the PH Port. I want to get the ICE cap 4 GYRE, do I need to buy a Wave engine controller or can I just plug it in to an outlet and use it on the app?
thanks
also thinking about buying the ice cap back up battery, what else needs to be purchased.

I have an X3 controller and used both sense ports and obviously the PH Port. I want to get the ICE cap 4 GYRE, do I need to buy a Wave engine controller or can I just plug it in to an outlet and use it on the app?
thanks
also thinking about buying the ice cap back up battery, what else needs to be purchased.
Rign now with an IceCap Battery you will need a Wave Engine. There is a cable adapter kit you can get to hook it to the Wave Engine. If you just want to power the gyre off and on you can use a AC outlet controlled by your controller using the IceCap controller. I think the new IceCaps come with a Wave Engine LE as the controller unless you get the pump only but that would need a wave engine to work anyway. The wave engine can be added to your X3 with a command buss port and a couple of terminator. You would also have create a collective in the app using you X3 and then add the WE to the collective. The original controller in the collective will retain it setup but anything added after that will have any setup erased when it is added. Also you will have to remove the power pack you use with the X3 now. The WE will power the X3.

Question
Is there any specific way or order to connect the WE, Gyre and battery backup, I finally have all devices and will attempt to get everything up and running, I assume
Unplug the X3
WE first using power from the battery backup middle port, to power on we, then command bus from we to x3 and terminator on we?
Then connect gyre???!

Connect the command bus without any power so wait to connect battery until you have the X3 and wave engine connected. Then connect battery to the wave engine power connector via adapter cable. Then connect the Wave engine power pack to the battery using the adapter cable, The link I posted has diagrams on hooking up the battery to the wave engine using the adapter cables in the link. Then you can register the wave engine and setup the wifi information. make sure both the X3 and wave engine are up to date on firmware. I assume you already have the X3 setup. Select the X3 from the left menu and make sure that the status screen is on the X3 inputs and outputs. Now create a collective if you have not done so. The collective created will have the X3 as it's only member and all inputs and outputs from the X3 setup will now be in the collective. Now you can add the Wave engine to the collective using devices from the left menu. Only thing is any controller added after the original controller will have any settings erased when it is added to the collective, but if the wave engine is new that should not be an issue. once it is added then you can connect your pumps and create the outputs and at least one schedule for them other wise they will not run.

Thank you, basically did what u say 90 percent had different firmware and that screwed me up a little but all seems good now, just have to add the gyre 4k now
Thank u

Back