Firmware Update Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brian

Reaction score
I shouldn't have done it but I did, I am trying to install a Hydros ATO kit. I logged onto the web app because I find it easier to do equipment installation than using the app. When I logged in I had a message saying that I was running version 190 and should update to version 192. Against my better instincts I went ahead and downloaded and installed 192. It looked like everything was fine but then I lost connection with the power bars. I opened the app and loaded 192 but the same thing all power bars and outputs are red. I have reverted to 190 and back but can't fix it. Presently I'm running Version 192 on both the web and app. BUT I don't have control of any outputs, but the Hydros control 4 itself is breathing blue LEDs, which tells me it is healthy. How can I get control of my devices.

I shouldn't have done it but I did, I am trying to install a Hydros ATO kit. I logged onto the web app because I find it easier to do equipment installation than using the app. When I logged in I had a message saying that I was running version 190 and should update to version 192. Against my better instincts I went ahead and downloaded and installed 192. It looked like everything was fine but then I lost connection with the power bars. I opened the app and loaded 192 but the same thing all power bars and outputs are red. I have reverted to 190 and back but can't fix it. Presently I'm running Version 192 on both the web and app. BUT I don't have control of any outputs, but the Hydros control 4 itself is breathing blue LEDs, which tells me it is healthy. How can I get control of my devices.
Have you tried powering down one of the power bars and powering it back up. Also try rebooting the router.

Thanks for responding, that was my next thing to try, I seem to always struggle installing a new version. I will do that now.

Thanks Danny, unplugged one of the bars and plugged it back in, everything is good. A question though which version is the latest, ie which one should I be running. Like I said when I logged in it told me to download 192, now I'm running 192 and it is telling me 190 should be loaded.

You need to update the app also. It should be 209. The web app is updated to the new firmware. That is why it had you update it. The app you have installed on the device probably cannot support 192. Don't use it until you update it. 192 is the latest firmware. That is also what I am on.

No I appreciate the help, I like Hydros, it works good to me, I don't find some of it intuitive though. But it's my bad for not knowing I had to update the app.

They do usually post about the updates here. So keep an eye out for the post. It will usually tell you if you need to update the app before the firmware or not. Also you should get an alert when there is an update for an app on the device you are using. There is a learning curve to any controller. Always reach out if you think you need help. Odds are someone on the forum can help fairly quickly.

Thanks again, everything was just working so I kind of ignored it, until I had to make a change. The app was an update hidden in about 50 of them lol

Back