Forcing an output to be 'off' when another output is 'on'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MartinM

Reaction score
Is this possible? The only option I see is dependency, which isn't exactly what I want to do. Thanks!

You would use the depends on setting and set dependency mode to off if on. That will make sure the output is off when the other output is on but otherwise it would use the normal settings.

Assuming each output is only on under a specific condition, could this possibly create a 'doom loop'? ie heater and chiller (which is the case in question) but if a temperature variation/drift causes both to be off, neither would ever turn on?

Assuming each output is only on under a specific condition, could this possibly create a 'doom loop'? ie heater and chiller (which is the case in question) but if a temperature variation/drift causes both to be off, neither would ever turn on?
What exactly are you trying to do? I cannot see an instance when an chiller and a heater could be on at the same time if each output is setup correctly. Fortunately I don't need a chiller but do use the chiller output type for cooling using the evaporative cooling method using fans. Below in the first 2 screenshots is one of my heater outputs the second one is the same except the turn on temp is set a little lower so both do not turn on at the same time. The last 2 screenshot are my cooling output settings.

IMG_0742.png
IMG_0743.png

IMG_0744.png
IMG_0745.png

Back