Kraken Battery Charging

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Raiden

Reaction score
Just got back up batteries for Krakens and have few questions. ( Battery Amazon.com )

Looks like there are battery readings on Kraken, currently showing Battery Voltage at 13.8V and Current at 1.34A. I'm assuming voltage is what battery reads at the moment and current is what Kraken is pushing to the battery right now.

Would it be correct to assume that at some point Current will drop to 0A or how would charging stop I guess.

Related to that, any decent way of figuring out current charge? I'm guessing would be some sort of approximate curve/line based on battery's voltage?

You are using a lead acid battery? That is the only type that the Kraken can charge. If using any other type you will need to disable the Kraken charger and use the correct type charger for the battery you have. Mine currently shows 13.5v 200ma.

I guess I'm just wondering what is controlling charging it, something inside battery asking for more or Kraken pushing in more, etc. :)

The charger is in the Kraken and the info it get is voltage and current flow. Mine is a smaller AGM battery. It is only a 18ah battery but I am not powering anything but the controllers with it during an outage. My MP10's have their own backup battery.

Got it. Just don't want these exploding lol, they are quite big, but plan is to run varios 4 return pump and some power heads from these.

20240221_130927.jpg

Will need to sketch up a cabinet for batteries and I guess power supplies.

Back