Notifications vary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

John Neuzil

Reaction score
It would be nice if the time between notifications could be set differently depending on the item. Like leak detectors I may want every hour but a low level sensor every day or so.

It would be nice if the time between notifications could be set differently depending on the item. Like leak detectors I may want every hour but a low level sensor every day or so.
So I think you are asking for a different repeat time for the different alert levels like as an example yellow at every 24hrs and orange at every 12hrs and red at every hour and have it users settable for each? I am not sure how hard that would be to implement but I kind of like the idea.

So I think you are asking for a different repeat time for the different alert levels like as an example yellow at every 24hrs and orange at every 12hrs and red at every hour and have it users settable for each? I am not sure how hard that would be to implement but I kind of like the idea.
Even more specific than that. It would be nice to set a custom alert time on each individual sensor.

Even more specific than that. It would be nice to set a custom alert time on each individual sensor.

Think that'd add complexity from the app development perspective propagating the discrete sensor values to the notification functions and tracking when they should be sent. But definitely like your idea of sending yellow, orange and red notifications at different intervals. I'd maybe even take it a step further and request the app separate each notification type and permit different notification actions and sounds based on severity.

Back