Test device WiFi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BAMatter

Reaction score
Wondering if there’s a way to test the signal of a device? I have an XP8, WaveEngine, Control 4, Kamoer KH Carer, as well as Orphek Osix all hooked up to an isolated WiFi band, 2.4ghz, to a TP Link extender that is placed where it receives full signal from my router, and throws full signal to where my devices are. Question is- my Control 4 is the only device that keeps on disconnecting and dropping WiFi. Is there a way to narrow down if it’s my WiFi or if it’s the Control 4 itself? I’m getting strong WiFi signal in the area that all my devices are in, but this is the only one having a hard time staying connected.

Wondering if there’s a way to test the signal of a device? I have an XP8, WaveEngine, Control 4, Kamoer KH Carer, as well as Orphek Osix all hooked up to an isolated WiFi band, 2.4ghz, to a TP Link extender that is placed where it receives full signal from my router, and throws full signal to where my devices are. Question is- my Control 4 is the only device that keeps on disconnecting and dropping WiFi. Is there a way to narrow down if it’s my WiFi or if it’s the Control 4 itself? I’m getting strong WiFi signal in the area that all my devices are in, but this is the only one having a hard time staying connected.
Is the tank between the X4 and the extender? Water will block a wifi signal. Also there is a wifi icon next to the controller names is that green for the X4 or is it yellow or red. If yellow or red try rebooting that controller.

Is the tank between the X4 and the extender? Water will block a wifi signal. Also there is a wifi icon next to the controller names is that green for the X4 or is it yellow or red. If yellow or red try rebooting that controller.
I did need to move the extender because of this. All my devices are in a corner of the room, but are not longer obstructed by the tank anymore. The Wi-Fi icon has been essentially toggling between yellow and red, and occasionally picks up and breathes blue as intended. Usually rebooting fixes it, but only temporarily.

Can the WiFi chips in the Hydros devices crap out over time? I did get this Control 4 from their first run of release, even before they called it the X4…

@Danny now getting SD card fail. Going to submit a ticket. This is the 2nd SD card fail I’ve gotten. I replaced the card the first time as well, maybe I didn’t do something correctly to trouble shoot?

Attachments

• IMG_5623.png
    IMG_5623.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
@Danny now getting SD card fail. Going to submit a ticket. This is the 2nd SD card fail I’ve gotten. I replaced the card the first time as well, maybe I didn’t do something correctly to trouble shoot?
I think on SD card fail you need to power down and then power back up. I think that is what I did the last time I got one and it did not come back.

I think you would have to power down the collective to power down any of the controllers since the bus provides power.
Thanks… also, off topic but kinda on topic, how do you check WiFi credentials on a KH Carer?

I have not had to check the wifi credentials on my KH Carer. If it shows up in the app it must be connected to the wifi. It has been well over a year since I set it up to begin with and I would have to read up on that since ai do not remember how I set it up to begin with. Mine is not currently in use. I use the X10 with the iV for alkalinity testing.

Back