Wave Engine w/Tunze Nanostream 6055s Problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ICourtney

Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm having some problems with my Wave Engine controller and my Tunze's 6055s with 0-10V control. Before I go ahead and blame the wire (s) I've attached my setup via the app through a few pictures. I made the mistake of NOT powering the Wave controller and was depending on the command bus port, so I thought that was the problem BUT it still did not fix my issue. When I put both PHs into "External Control" the orange light comes on, but the pumps remain off. I tried overriding them via the app to all modes (Off, Min, Max, Auto) but the pumps still remain off.

If i put the pumps into any of their internal modes, they run fine. The app says they are running per the schedule, but they just remain off no matter what I try through the Wave Engine 0-10VDC output. Am I doing something wrong, or are the cables the issue?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_0524.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0525.PNG
    IMG_0525.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0526.PNG
    IMG_0526.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0527.PNG
    IMG_0527.PNG
    936.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0528.PNG
    IMG_0528.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0529.PNG
    IMG_0529.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
External control and 0.0 to 6.5v control range should do the trick. With the LED in the bottom corner lit, sounds like you got all that. Unsure what else to suggest. Process of elimination, you may be able to try putting a volt meter on the 3.5mm jack. Tip should be + with ring being -. Force Hydros to MAX and you should see 6.5v then MIN 1.3v. That'd verify the config and octopus cable. Unsure of the 3.5mm to DIN that plugs into Tunze. Quick search shows pins are numbered clockwise 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 with signal on 1 and 2 as best I can tell. Maybe try checking voltage on those also or confirming with CoralVue Support Portal. I have heard of people experiencing problem with the Tunze pump adapter and suspect that's where your problem is. But don't use Tunze so don't have any experience other than what I've read.

External control and 0.0 to 6.5v control range should do the trick. With the LED in the bottom corner lit, sounds like you got all that. Unsure what else to suggest. Process of elimination, you may be able to try putting a volt meter on the 3.5mm jack. Tip should be + with ring being -. Force Hydros to MAX and you should see 6.5v then MIN 1.3v. That'd verify the config and octopus cable. Unsure of the 3.5mm to DIN that plugs into Tunze. Quick search shows pins are numbered clockwise 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 with signal on 1 and 2 as best I can tell. Maybe try checking voltage on those also or confirming with CoralVue Support Portal. I have heard of people experiencing problem with the Tunze pump adapter and suspect that's where your problem is. But don't use Tunze so don't have any experience other than what I've read.
Great info on the voltage reading on the 3.5mm jack and the orientation of +/- readings. I will definitely try that! If voltage is present when I override Max and Min, that would certainly narrow it down to the DIN cables terminating at the Tunze(s) from the 3.5mm jack. Thank you!

I really appreciate the info you sent. I have narrowed it down to the 3.5mm female to DIN cables that terminate at the Tunze controller(s). I get the appropriate voltage from the squid cable coming out of the output when reading DC on the 3.5 mm male jacks. I will reach out to CoralVue for replacement cables.

I stumbled on another post and apparently this is a known issue with quality control so hopefully it won’t be a big deal to get replacements.

I really appreciate the info you sent. I have narrowed it down to the 3.5mm female to DIN cables that terminate at the Tunze controller(s). I get the appropriate voltage from the squid cable coming out of the output when reading DC on the 3.5 mm male jacks. I will reach out to CoralVue for replacement cables.

I stumbled on another post and apparently this is a known issue with quality control so hopefully it won’t be a big deal to get replacements.

Curious if you were able to confirm what the DIN side should be while troubleshooting? Was it a standard DIN 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 layout with signal on 1 and 2? At least is that what it was supposed to be?

Curious if you were able to confirm what the DIN side should be while troubleshooting? Was it a standard DIN 1, 4, 2, 5, 3 layout with signal on 1 and 2? At least is that what it was supposed to be?
Unfortunately Carlos w/CoralVue is suggesting I reach out to Tunze. I sent pictures of the soldered DIN connections from the Tunze to female 3.5mm and he said they are correct. I have a hard time believing both Tunze controllers are the culprit, BUT I don't have much recourse. I may reach out to Bulk Reef Supply to see if I can return these and try another pair. That would at least narrow down the problem in my mind.

BTW your explaination of VDC was correct. I did get good voltage from the male 3.5mm plug. I overrode the Hydros output from Max/Min and the appropriate voltage was on both 3.5mm jacks, so I know the WE V2 0-10 output is good as well as the "squid" four channel cable.

Pretty frustrating.....

Back