“Dry” ph probe ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

K519

Reaction score
ive seen on forums people say a ph probe cant dry up and if it does get a new one.

i got used hydros 4 kit with ph probe. Should i buy a new probe or can i just recalibrate the probe that came with the kit.
Not sure how long the probe has been dry or how long it was previously used.

There are steps you can take to try and recondition the pH probe. There is no guarantee it would work or for how long it would hold calibration afterwards. For peace of mind I would buy a new probe, a new pinpoint pH probe is $45 US at BRS.

Here are the steps that Focustronic provides:

Guidelines how to restore a dry damaged pH electrode Introduction pH electrodes must stay wet. If they of some reason are left dry too long, they will not work correct. But in many cases there is a good chance to restore a damaged electrode with this procedure. This procedure can also be performed if you suspect any issue with the electrode of other reasons, like impossible to calibrate correct or despite good calibration, odd readings afterwards.

Method
1. Soak the electrode for 20 minutes in ”electrode cleaning solution”, typically 0.1Molar HCl (Hydrogen Chloride).
2. Rinse the electrode in tap water and let it soak in ”probe storage solution” for approx 12 hours. The solution is typically a 3.5 Molar KCl (PotassiumChloride) solution.
3. Rinse again and soak the electrode in a ”ph cal 4 solution” for 2 hours (don´t use this cal solution for subsequent calibration!).
4. Rinse carefully in RO water and recalibrate the electrode as usual (7 and 4 solution)

Thanks. I think ill just get new one with calibration fluid instead of trying to gather all that stuff.

another issue. i cant connect to wireless power bar. i have a tplink mesh system. seperated it into 2.4g and 5g access points as sugested. Rebooted router and controller. Controller is connected to 2.4g network. I follow instructions on connecting from the “Cvtv live product workshop - hydros wifi controllable outlets “ . Carlos mentions if the light on powerbar is already blinking more then 1 blink per sec i can skip holding the button. My button is already blinking so i go to connect. it tries to connect then i get one of 3 scenario
1. Link failed
2. Link failed and linker timed out
3. Linker idle

im not sure what else to do.

Do you have the device you are using to pair it on the 2.4ghz channel you want the wifi strip on?

Back