0-10v question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Thanks all, yeah it's for the dual pump controller for my gyre. always have to find my phone to put the tank into "feed mode" and wanted a button I can push at the tank instead. Hoping my wife will buy me a Control4 for my birthday in March, but until then it looks like a battery with a button will have to do.

The input resistance of the 0-10V input on the IceCap dual pump controller is about 14 Kohm. Since that is the case, the current draw from the 9V battery will be less than 1 mA. And that will only be drawn while the button is pressed. The 9V battery will last for years.

Ive done this with a 9v battery, that applies voltage to the IC2C when pressed.

You could do something similar with a doorbell, but would still need to have a power source inline with the wiring. Center pin positive, outer sheath negative.

View attachment 541
Would you be able to make one just like this, but 2 phono cables for 2 dual controllers? Same gripe about wanting a physical button. It's especially annoying having to swap between 2 units in the app

Would you be able to make one just like this, but 2 phono cables for 2 dual controllers? Same gripe about wanting a physical button. It's especially annoying having to swap between 2 units in the app

Sure, it’s the same thing to make. You can either have two headphone jacks on the feed box (wired in parallel), or a single jack on the feed box and use a headphone splitter to get to both controllers.

Back