All devices randomly disappeared - Anyone have this happen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pblogic

Reaction score
So, a moment ago I found I was logged out of my hydros app and had to log back in. When I did, all of my devices and setup were just gone. Has anyone experienced this or know how to get them back without having to setup again? All inputs/outputs are just gone, as well as all devices.

So, a moment ago I found I was logged out of my hydros app and had to log back in. When I did, all of my devices and setup were just gone. Has anyone experienced this or know how to get them back without having to setup again? All inputs/outputs are just gone, as well as all devices.
Do you see any errors or error banners at the top or bottom?

No, there are no errors. I was just logged out of my account, and when I logged back in the controller had reset to factory default. No devices, time zone default, back to Celsius from Fahrenheit . What it looks like now is that the controller randomly wiped itself, which is super concerning. All logs are gone as well. Doing the setup again is annoying but not a big deal. The bigger problem is, why did it wipe and will it do it again when I'm not home.

There was no power loss, by the way.

No, there are no errors. I was just logged out of my account, and when I logged back in the controller had reset to factory default. No devices, time zone default, back to Celsius from Fahrenheit . What it looks like now is that the controller randomly wiped itself, which is super concerning. All logs are gone as well. Doing the setup again is annoying but not a big deal. The bigger problem is, why did it wipe and will it do it again when I'm not home.

There was no power loss, by the way.
Before doing that if you click on the right menu and select device properties and click on review archived versions and see if there is a major difference in the file size of the saved versions.

Yes, archived versions are 1442 Kilobytes vs the "latest" at 244 KB. There are only a few archived versions, and they are about a month old.

Try loading the most recent larger one. Then upload changes. Every time you upload changes it will save the previous settings before changing them.

Yes, archived versions are 1442 Kilobytes vs the "latest" at 244 KB. There are only a few archived versions, and they are about a month old.
Done. That one is devoid of all devices and settings as well.

Done. That one is devoid of all devices and settings as well.
That is odd. I have not had an issue other than when the latest was a low file size and replacing it with a higher file size would fix the issue. The arrow to the left of the headings on the status page are pointing up? If they are pointing down then click on them so they point up.

That is odd. I have not had an issue other than when the latest was a low file size and replacing it with a higher file size would fix the issue. The arrow to the left of the headings on the status page are pointing up? If they are pointing down then click on them so they point up.
Yes, they are all pointing up. It was very strange, and it seems that the controller simply reset itself to factory defaults at random. Perhaps a failing SD card? I would imagine the larger file sized archives being blank as well would indicate that those files are corrupt.

Did you factory reset the devices before posting here? It sounds like you experienced a timeout of some sort which would have resulted in an endless CONFIGURATION STALE banner on the bottom of the screen then exited and re-entered causing the stale message to disappear. Had you gone to the Review Archived Versions, loaded the legitimate configuration and immediately done an UPLOAD CONFIGURATION it would have fixed the issue. However IF you factory reset and IF the devices weren't re-added in the same order then it MAY have resulted in your current state. We have seen the configuration stale message before and try to intercept people before they panic as it is a relatively easy fix. Buy sometimes aren't in time... Hoping CoralVue may have found or soon finds a fix and includes it in the next app version. If you have a larger setup that"d take time to manually recover, I'd encourage you to contact CoralVue Support Portal and they may be able to assist with recovery. They would need to manually manipulate the previous raw json config file to match current device ids.

Did you factory reset the devices before posting here? It sounds like you experienced a timeout of some sort which would have resulted in an endless CONFIGURATION STALE banner on the bottom of the screen then exited and re-entered causing the stale message to disappear. Had you gone to the Review Archived Versions, loaded the legitimate configuration and immediately done an UPLOAD CONFIGURATION it would have fixed the issue. However IF you factory reset and IF the devices weren't re-added in the same order then it MAY have resulted in your current state. We have seen the configuration stale message before and try to intercept people before they panic as it is a relatively easy fix. Buy sometimes aren't in time... Hoping CoralVue may have found or soon finds a fix and includes it in the next app version. If you have a larger setup that"d take time to manually recover, I'd encourage you to contact CoralVue Support Portal and they may be able to assist with recovery. They would need to manually manipulate the previous raw json config file to match current device ids.
There was no "configuration stale" banner. I loaded up the app, saw it had logged me out, then I logged in and everything was gone. I did not do a factory reset. I immediately went to Archived Versions, loaded the most recent archive, and immediately uploaded. It was blank. I also uploaded older archived versions, all blank. I don't have a large setup, so that isn't my concern. My concern is that it will reset on it's own while I am away and cause a tank crash.

There was no "configuration stale" banner. I loaded up the app, saw it had logged me out, then I logged in and everything was gone. I did not do a factory reset. I immediately went to Archived Versions, loaded the most recent archive, and immediately uploaded. It was blank. I also uploaded older archived versions, all blank. I don't have a large setup, so that isn't my concern. My concern is that it will reset on it's own while I am away and cause a tank crash.
I have had my Hydros for over three years and never had it do that. I have to log back in on a regular basis but it has never been blank. Did you submit a support ticket for this?

I have had my Hydros for over three years and never had it do that. I have to log back in on a regular basis but it has never been blank. Did you submit a support ticket for this?
About to do so.

I completely understand your concern with the devices appearing to reset on their own. And the associated dangers of this occuring while you are away from your tank. Even though you didn't receive the configuration stale banner, the other symptoms you describe resemble that issue. Now, I didn't see your app nor did I see your tank and if/how the controls were functioning but if it was the issue I have seen in the past the good news would be the devices are still functioning and retained their previous configuration. It seems as though something occurs between the app and the cloud which results in a near null configuration being uploaded to the cloud which doesn't actually make it to the devices. At least that has been the case when I have experienced it myself and when I have observed it with others. That doesn't make it any less concerning. The first time I observed it I nearly exploded as I have in excess of 175 inputs, outputs and schedules spread across several devices. I would suggest proceeding with the case to CoralVue Support Portal just to be certain there isn't another issue with your account or setup and as a measure of comfort.

Back