App/Browser Update Needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TAG

Reaction score
On each of my tanks (one run on an X3 w/wireless power bar, and one on and X4 with an XP8 in a Collective) I have a tablet that always displays the Hydros App. It is my quick visual to know that the tanks are OK. The problem is that the screens constantly go into a state where they need to be refreshed, like in the pic below. So I ether need to go refresh it, or even worse, the tank could have issues, but I don't know because I am looking at stale data. Could this please be fixed in an upcoming version?

1696014828484.png

On the other controllers I have used, the tablet screen is live and as long as the screen doesn't go into a sleep mode (My tablets never do when plugged in), then it is a live view of the tank health. I, and I am sure many of us, have a screen next to our tanks for this purpose. It would make the Hydros experience WAY better if the screen data could be kept from going stale. Even if it was an option to have a "Monitor" Setting in the App, where when selected, it stays live and refreshed.

Thanks John, I bought 2 tablets, and they don't, they go inactive after about 90 seconds. Same as the webpage on a browser and the app on my phone.

Thanks John, I bought 2 tablets, and they don't, they go inactive after about 90 seconds. Same as the webpage on a browser and the app on my phone.
Maybe I misunderstood the issue. The app used to close but that was fixed where it stays open but you do still need to refresh.

Gotcha, thanks. Looking into this a little more, My X3 System, which is not a collective, just an X3 and a wireless powerbar doesn't have this issue. Buy my Collective (X4 & XP8) has this issue. Identical tablets and app versions. It is very weird.

Sorry, my X3 has the issue also. Wish there was a setting in the app to make it not Time out. I think it would be a huge upgrade to the app.

Sorry, my X3 has the issue also. Wish there was a setting in the app to make it not Time out. I think it would be a huge upgrade to the app.
I think the timeout is done because of the traffic through the cloud. It updates as long as the app is being used once you quit interacting with it will go into that standby state. I use my iPad and only have the app open when I am actively using it otherwise the app is not running.

Gotcha, thanks, Danny. I was hoping I was going to be able to have it "Live" but not a huge deal, I guess. Was a very nice feature on another brand of controller I used to use.

Back