ATO water sensor alarm setup help please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pblogic

Reaction score
Hi there, I did search for an answer to this question, and I apologize if I missed the answer. I setup the hydros ATO and it works great, but when it is wet it sends me constant alerts. Is there a way to set it so it only sends me an alert on overflow, rather than just it's normal wet level? I'm still new to hydros, so sorry if I'm missing something simple, thanks!

Right now it constantly sends me Water Level 1: Alarm state (b0a73298f500) --- Also, that's not very descriptive, I assume that is the wet level code but not sure where to find it.

Hi there, I did search for an answer to this question, and I apologize if I missed the answer. I setup the hydros ATO and it works great, but when it is wet it sends me constant alerts. Is there a way to set it so it only sends me an alert on overflow, rather than just it's normal wet level? I'm still new to hydros, so sorry if I'm missing something simple, thanks!

Right now it constantly sends me Water Level 1: Alarm state (b0a73298f500) --- Also, that's not very descriptive, I assume that is the wet level code but not sure where to find it.
Which water level sensor do you have. The regular one should not have an alert set on it since it is only wet or dry and it can be either and there would be no issue. Besides you can limit the amount of top off by setting a minimum off time and setting a maximum on time and set run past max on time to off. It will only run the maximum on time before turning off and sending an alert. It will remain off until the level sensor goes wet or you intervene by overriding the output. If you have a triple level sensor try lowering the minimum on time and see if that stops the alerts. Some sumps are small enough in the return section that the pump cannot be set to turn off fast enough to prevent overflow alerts. In case you can try using a simple dosing pump as an ATO pump since it only pumps at 43ml a minute. I use one but my reservoir is in my garage 35ft from the tank so the regular ATO pump would not pump up through the attic to get to the tank.

I’m using the normal sensor that comes with the ATO kit. I have set a minimum of time and maximum run time.

I have also turned off all alarms and notifications for the sensor and the ATO but it still sends me constant water level alarm state notifications. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Is there another place other than the sensor and ATO pages that I need to disable the alarm? It’s flooding my email with water level alarms.

Thanks!

I’m using the normal sensor that comes with the ATO kit. I have set a minimum of time and maximum run time.

I have also turned off all alarms and notifications for the sensor and the ATO but it still sends me constant water level alarm state notifications. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Is there another place other than the sensor and ATO pages that I need to disable the alarm? It’s flooding my email with water level alarms.

Thanks!
You didn't by chance delete an input while it was in an alert and then add another? If so it it will continue to send alerts until the alarm clears which it cannot if it had been deleted. The other way of getting rid of it is to reboot the controller if it is a single controller. If it is a collective of controllers then you need to reboot the wifi master of the collective.

You didn't by chance delete an input while it was in an alert and then add another? If so it it will continue to send alerts until the alarm clears which it cannot if it had been deleted. The other way of getting rid of it is to reboot the controller if it is a single controller. If it is a collective of controllers then you need to reboot the wifi master of the collective.
No, I've never deleted any input, I don't believe. I'm using a single X2 at the moment, so no collective. When I changed maximum run time to 1 second it fixed level issue so the sensor is not fully under water. The return changer is small, because it is a nano (deskmate Florida). It seems to be hitting the right level now. The only current issue is the constant alerts. I just rebooted it, we'll see if that fixes the issue, thanks!

Back