Can 1 outlet go bad on the wifi strips ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rockdiver

Reaction score
Hello it seems like 1 plug / outlet is not receiving commands. Is this possible ? It's just always on and won't turn off or accept any of the commands. The other 3 work fine.
Thanks

It's number 4. It was my main pump so I swapped the return pump to a different one and put my sump light on number 4 to be easier to see and ya its just a power outlet just always on.
Can't turn it off or anything
Weird.
But made me think what if this happens with the heaters lol.

I have had my heaters on a wifi strip but I also had the thermostat on the heaters themselves as a backup. They were 50 watt heaters each on their own output. I now have them on XP8 outlets. Always have a backup off for any heaters. Some use a heater controller and use the Hydros as a backup. I use the Hydros for control and use the heater thermostat as a backup. Not sure what is the issue. Have you tried overriding the output to off to see if t will turn off. If not and it is still under the warranty period you may want to submit a support ticket.

How do ypu over ride it ? Just in the app turn it off ? Yes I done that and it stays on.
I am saving up for an XP8 or waiting for the new product to come out with 4 of the plugs on it forget its name.
I have other wifi strips and can change it out just thought it was odd its not communicating for just 1 plug.
I unplugged and plugged back in the controller and the same

How do ypu over ride it ? Just in the app turn it off ? Yes I done that and it stays on.
I am saving up for an XP8 or waiting for the new product to come out with 4 of the plugs on it forget its name.
I have other wifi strips and can change it out just thought it was odd its not communicating for just 1 plug.
I unplugged and plugged back in the controller and the same
yes is a manual off on the output you have it used in. You can either override to off, auto or on. In auto the controller has control the other two you have it in override to either off or on. If it stays on when you set it to off then you will want to submit a support ticket if it is still in the warranty period. Here is a link Submit ticket .

Thanks ! Ya it is to old I assume and I am not to worried about it I have others in my spare stuff box.

Update
This Hydros is so cool.
I replaced the wife strip and it was so easy. Hardest part was getting it out of the tray that holds it !
Thought I would have to remember a bunch of settings, knowing it's supposed to keep everything but ypu know how that goes sometimes.
So cool can't wait for the new stuff to come out. This alone keeps me here

Looking to get the control X4 /XP8 propack but a little intimated by it with setting it all up with the collectives

Back