Change collective wifi password, nothing listed in device list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef altitude

Reaction score
I am trying to find out how to update the Wi-Fi credentials on my X10/XP8 collective. The app does not show any devices when I click the "+" button and has not since I created the collective. Thanks for any help!

Also make sure you have bluetooth turned on on the device you are using to setup the password. Also the web app cannot do this since it does not support bluetooth.

So it has to be disconnected from WiFi to turn on it's Bluetooth and then you can update the password?

It's connected fine now but I am working on setting up a unique password 2.4 ghz network, currently they are both the same and it takes a little bit to reconnect.

No, the controllers wifi has to be on but the phone or other device you have the app installed on you are using to do it has to have bluetooth turned on. Also Android units have to have something else enabled also butI cannot remember what it is since I do not use my phone. I use a iPad instead. I just changed the 5ghz name on my router instead of the 2.4ghz. There were too many devices that used 2.4ghz to go through each one and change them. Fewer 5.ghz devices and those would connect to 2.4ghz until I got to them and changed things.

If you are using an Android device , ensure you have Location services turned on. :)

Back