Controller LEDs turn off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Redngold21

Reaction score
Hello an odd issue started about 2 days ago. My 2k gyre had been running great for about a year and a half then I noticed the pump was off. Checked under the cabinet and the controller is dark. I unplugged the power and plugged it back in to have it turn on for a few about a minute and turn back off. I messed with it for a bit by swapping pump inputs on the controller and moving it in the cabinet. This has caused the pump to continue working but the LEDs on the controller still go off. Now they stay on for an hour or so but still go off. Luckily the pump is atleast still going but I'm not sure what to do about the controller. I'm pretty sure the warranty is out so should I just replace the controller with a hydros wave maker?

Check the time zone setting on the options page. By default, the controller lights turn OFF at night. If the time zone is not set correctly, it might explain the issue.

Well it was set to Adak which is apparently in Alaska and no where close to the east coast. I guess it possible it was swapping to a different schedule due to the time zone as well as turning off the LEDs. Although it had been fine for like I said a year and a half but I believe I pushed a firmware update recently so maybe that reset it. I will watch it tonight and see if everything looks normal now.

Back