Diagostic Sensors on 0-10v Ports - Possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

o2manyfish

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I am just coming onboard with the Hydros system. I have experience in custom automation and system integration.

I have a bunch of diagnostic sensors that have 0-10v outputs to report their readings/value.

Examples are Pressure Sensors, Ultrasonic Flow Sensors, Dissolved O2 Sensors, Commercial Specific Gravity Sensors, Commerical TDS, Turbidity, etc etc

These sensors (pending the sensor) take an input voltage (5v, 12v, 24 and output a DC 0-10v signal. The values go to at least 2 decimal points - some to 4 - Ie 1.0034.

With PLC Controllers they have 0-10v analog inputs. You read the value on that input and then apply a formula or multiplier, to convert the value the sensor puts out to a reading that makes sense to you. For example on a temperature probe a 3.5v reading could mean 35 Celsius - So you times the value by 10 and then convert it to a Farenheit value ((x*9/5)+32)= and your Displayed out is 95F.

1) Can either the 0-10v input or the sense port be used to work with these types of 0-10v output sensors
2) Can the value read on the Input Port have any kind of calculation applied to it to make the value more sensible to someone reading the value.

Thanks

Dave B

Are you looking for something like this. I use pressure sensors to give me the water level in my reservoirs in the garage. I used NXP pressure sensors. The first one I had to make some circuitry and on the other 2 I used a different sensor but it was only a 5v power and a 0-3v output. Here is the input settings for one of each.

IMG_0896.png
IMG_0897.png

Back