Firmware 178

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Firmware 178 is now available for the following devices:
  • Control 4
  • Control 2
  • Control XS
Firmware 178 is now the public release version and it fixes a couple of issues found on firmware 178 (see changelog below)

IMPORTANT: If you have issues installing firmware 178 where you install the firmware but the unit reverts back to 165, then do the following: Tap on the "Install 178" button and then immediately kill/close the app. Wait 60 seconds and then return to the app and everything should be ok.

As always, you can also control your devices using our CoralVue HYDROS Web App.

Installation instructions:

HYDROS Control - How to Update to the Latest Firmware

Changelog March 11, 2021:
  • [FIXED] Collective of one stability
  • [FIXED] 0-10V OUTPUT issue
  • [FIXED] Graphing error on collectives with spaces within the first four characters of the name

Is there a delay in availability? I don't see it.
It depends on the cache and how the server pushes it out. I say give it a little time, and it will show up on your app soon.

My output now goes to 10V at 100%, but not to zero when off, only 0.5V. Anyone else see the same?

I have installed 178 on all my devices. I am still seeing some of the graphing issues. IMO the problem is in the app. Looks like there may be some sticky data in the HTML web storage between devices. I may be seeing this because I have 3 control 2 and 1 control 4. I am able to either recreated or fix the issue below by moving back and forth from different devices.

Screenshot_20210311-213625.jpg

I think you are right, that does look like an app issue. Can you tell me what version of the app you have? It is shown in small blue letters at the bottom of the drop down menu that you access with the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner.

I just looked at your system "Office ATO" and the graphing looks great for me.

It sure would be nice if I could upgrade from 177 to 178. Been trying the recommended actions of killing the app.

So I am guessing the upgrade issues were not actually fixed in 177?

It sure would be nice if I could upgrade from 177 to 178. Been trying the recommended actions of killing the app.

So I am guessing the upgrade issues were not actually fixed in 177?
Thats odd. My upgrade from 177 to 178 went much smoother than from 167

Thats odd. My upgrade from 177 to 178 went much smoother than from 167
After multiple attempts, it finally took. Still hasn't fixed the issue I reported to CV support that they allegedly fixed.

After providing details on the unit yesterday, the Control 4 was locked solid / red lights and had to be power cycled ( it was running 177 at that point). I was/am away from the house and had to have someone cycle it for me.

It's a bit concerning that this happened while away because now I wonder if I can trust this device to remain stable for vacation monitoring and so on.

Is it possible that your issues are wifi related?
It is a possibility, but historically the only issues I've had were around the WiFi strips. I have a dedicated 2.4 Ghz SSID ready to go, but changing the C4 and Wave Engine over to it is a pain in the rear. This is a feature that is lacking, especially given the multiple threads about WiFi issues. It's a bit annoying to see a device of this tier revert to cheaper, inferior 2.4 Ghz only chips.

I think you are right, that does look like an app issue. Can you tell me what version of the app you have? It is shown in small blue letters at the bottom of the drop down menu that you access with the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner.

I just looked at your system "Office ATO" and the graphing looks great for me.

Don look at it again. The ATOLevel seems to have temperature data. The app version is "hydros 2.0.11 (164)"

To me here the screenshot looks right. The ATO level has wet or dry. The Temp input below it has temp data. Have closed out the app and restarted it. Sometimes the graphs will shift if you change something like a input name. Closing the app and restarting it will dis that for me.

This is what I am seeing on app 164.

Can you look at CoralVue HYDROS App and see if it looks OK for you.

View attachment 766
The problem is switching between devices. Please look at the original post. It shows incorrect data being displayed for the ato level. To me data from one device is being displayed on another. If I switch back and forth it will correct sometimes. It seems to happen most switching from a c4 to a c2.

The problem is switching between devices. Please look at the original post. It shows incorrect data being displayed for the ato level. To me data from one device is being displayed on another. If I switch back and forth it will correct sometimes. It seems to happen most switching from a c4 to a c2.
Are you talking about how in your first picture the ATO level says wet but the graph accompanying it is showing a temperature graph with temp data points.

Did you try the web app in the link on Don's post and see if that worked ok for you?

Did you try the web app in the link on Don's post and see if that worked ok for you?

Yes, I have. Here is a screen capture showing the problem still from that link.
Are you talking about how in your first picture the ATO level says wet but the graph accompanying it is showing a temperature graph with temp data points.
yes

Attachments

• graph.PNG
    graph.PNG
    242.2 KB · Views: 7
The graph scale doesn't appear to update. Was the graph that was in that location before a temp graph?

some weird things are going on since i updated to 178 when it was released. First when i made changes and click on upload changes, it would just keep on tring,controller was showing green flashing in a circle, and would never upload until i unplugged the controller. Once plugged back in it was find. This happened a number of times.

Than yesterday i had to do a water change. clicked on the mode button. The controller shown red but not one single equipment would shut off. Just keep running, so i unplugged the controller once again to see if that would work. after i plugged back in and tried again it finally shut down,,

Back