Firmware 190

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Firmware 190 is now available for the following devices:
  • Control X4
  • Control X2
  • Control XS
  • WaveEngine
  • IceCap WiFi Controller

IMPORTANT: Firmware 190 requires App 202. To update to firmware 190, you must first download App 202 from the app store. If you are using the web app, please clear your browser's cache so it updates to the new app as well.

NEVER, EVER, EVER update your firmware if you are not in the same location as your controller.

Installation Instructions:

Step 1: Download the new version of the app from your app store
Step 2: Download and install the new firmware version. You must download App version 202 first BEFORE you can update to firmware 190.

Please visit the CoralVueHYDROS.com website for more in-depth instructions on how to download and install the new firmware.

Changelog Monday, June 21, 2021
  • [FIXED] An issue where some HYDROS Feeders would not respond to manual or automatic feeding commands even though they are properly paired and responding.

Carlos this may seem like a silly question but my WaveEngine always has a hard time updating, is there a different method to do so? It is in a collective with my Control 4 and the Control never has a problem but the WaveEngine almost always makes me spend excessive time trying to update firmware.

Carlos this may seem like a silly question but my WaveEngine always has a hard time updating, is there a different method to do so? It is in a collective with my Control 4 and the Control never has a problem but the WaveEngine almost always makes me spend excessive time trying to update firmware.
By any chance, do you have the WE-ETM version?

I do have a terminator installed. I just have my ISP modem that does the Wifi so I don't believe it is a mesh network. How can I find my Channel?

I believe I found it. It says "current radio channel: 1"

Ok, that is probably why. Go into your router and change it from Channel 1 to Channel 11. It might have the option set to Auto on the router, so you might have to specify 11 instead.

Then reboot your router and wait until you have internet access again. After that, reboot your collective and then try again.

Ok, that is probably why. Go into your router and change it from Channel 1 to Channel 11. It might have the option set to Auto on the router, so you might have to specify 11 instead.

Then reboot your router and wait until you have internet access again. After that, reboot your collective and then try again.
Well I manually set my channel to 11, rebooted router and collective. Download still failed.

This morning I see that your WaveEngine is actually breathing yellow, which means it cannot connect to the internet and the cloud. I tried rebooting it, but it still comes back yellow. Do you by any chance have two routers running in the house? Is your Access Point an actual AP, or is it another router you set up as an "Access Point"? The second router would not account for the download problem, but it would account for the yellow breathing when the CX4 connects just fine.

Can you make sure that the WE is connected to the same WiFi as the CX4? It looks like they might be connected to different ones.

I have my extender unplugged now and the WE is connected so I would assume that means it is connected to the same wifi.

I have my extender unplugged now and the WE is connected so I would assume that means it is connected to the same wifi.
That tells me that you are using the same WiFi SSID on the extender and router, which is a problem. Any 2.4GHz device will connect to any WiFi that responds first. This means that sometimes the device will connect to the extender, and sometimes, the device will connect to the router even if it is further.

The other problem with WiFi mesh is that the extender relies on an internet connection by connecting to the router wirelessly. You could have a situation where the extender has lost the connection to the router but not the connection to the HYDROS. This will cause the HYDROS to breathe yellow to report a drop in internet connection.

Another problem that could happen is your router is a computer and, therefore, stalls or freezes now and then. This could also cause the extender to lose the connection to the router but not the connection to the HYDROS devices.

It would be best if you considered connecting the extender to the router via ethernet cable and then creating a new unique WiFi SSID for your tank equipment only. This will ensure that no matter what or when the equipment will always connect to the device closest to them with the best signal. This would also create a much stronger "mesh" where even if your router's WiFi gets overwhelmed and crashes, the "extender/access point" will continue to work without any interruption as it is not relying on the router's WiFi to connect to the router and access the internet. A WiFi mesh is not very reliable, but a "wired" mesh is. This is why you do not see WiFi meshes in business offices or even hospitals. It is too unreliable. You only see wired meshes as they are solid and reliable.

I will leave the extender unplugged and try to find a wired one. I did try to update firmware since the extender has been unplugged and no luck. :confused: Fortunately everything still runs fine even though it isn't updated.

I will leave the extender unplugged and try to find a wired one. I did try to update firmware since the extender has been unplugged and no luck. :confused: Fortunately everything still runs fine even though it isn't updated.
Did you submit a ticket at CoralVue Support Portal? I think we need to move this there. I need to get some info from you, but I cannot ask for it here in public.

Back