Firmware Update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New firmware 289 is now available. This is a firmware update only. You can install this firmware if you already have the latest version of the HYDROS app.

The firmware is compatible with the following devices:
  • Control X4
  • Control X2
  • Control X3
  • Control XP8
  • Control XS
  • Control XD
  • WaveEngine
  • WaveEngine v2
  • WaveEngine LE
The firmware update is NOT compatible with the IceCap WiFi Controller. The current firmware version for the IceCap WiFi controller is 263.

IMPORTANT:

NEVER, EVER, EVER update your firmware if you are not in the same location as your controller.
To update to the latest firmware, you must first download the latest app verison from the app store. If you are using the web app, please clear your browser's cache so it updates to the new app as well.

On Vacation and Need Access the previous app version?
If you are on vacation, you can defer the update. All you need to do is tap on the "Later" option. This update is NOT required but highly recommended.

Installation Instructions:

Step 1: Close the HYDROS app and open it again. Download and install the latest firmware version. You must have the newest version of the HYDROS app to see the firmware update as an option.

Please visit the CoralVueHYDROS.com website for more in-depth instructions on downloading and installing the new firmware.

Full Change log

Last edited:
@Carlos its been a while since the last firmware/ App update. Is there any news on that front?

Also, do you guys have any kind of roadmap for features that are coming? I would love to have manually triggered actions. Water change aren’t doable with my setup. I only have one 50 gallon premix that is auto filled with water to top off. The water need to be ajusted with salt before doing water change so putting that on schedule is a risk to my system if I don’t have times to ajust it or simply forget.

Having something that can take a few actions in a row like “drain for 10 minutes with that pump, then switch to another for 10 minutes”, on the press of a button would be great.

@Carlos its been a while since the last firmware/ App update. Is there any news on that front?

Also, do you guys have any kind of roadmap for features that are coming? I would love to have manually triggered actions. Water change aren’t doable with my setup. I only have one 50 gallon premix that is auto filled with water to top off. The water need to be ajusted with salt before doing water change so putting that on schedule is a risk to my system if I don’t have times to ajust it or simply forget.

Having something that can take a few actions in a row like “drain for 10 minutes with that pump, then switch to another for 10 minutes”, on the press of a button would be great.
I do autowater changes using dosing pumps. My reservoirs are in the garage. I have three of them. The Di reservoir is automatically refilled from the RODI. The fresh saltwater reservoir is refilled from the mix tank if it is ready to use. Once the mix tank is emptied into the fresh salt water reservoir it is automatically refilled with DI from the RODI. When the mix tank is emptied into the fresh saltwater tank it resets the OK for use flag in the Hydros so It will not refill the fresh saltwater tank until I press a button to set the ok to use flag in the Hydros. So allI need to do is add the salt mix to the mix tank and press that button when ready. So the Hydros can automate these things already. The Auto water change regimen can be setup to run a drain pump for 10 minutes and then the fill pump until the full sensor has been met. You would have to have the ATO in the AWC output also for it to work since it has to have the full sensor wet before it will start and also the ATO has to be disabled during the water change. That is all done within the auto water change output and schedule.

I do autowater changes using dosing pumps. My reservoirs are in the garage. I have three of them. The Di reservoir is automatically refilled from the RODI. The fresh saltwater reservoir is refilled from the mix tank if it is ready to use. Once the mix tank is emptied into the fresh salt water reservoir it is automatically refilled with DI from the RODI. When the mix tank is emptied into the fresh saltwater tank it resets the OK for use flag in the Hydros so It will not refill the fresh saltwater tank until I press a button to set the ok to use flag in the Hydros. So allI need to do is add the salt mix to the mix tank and press that button when ready. So the Hydros can automate these things already. The Auto water change regimen can be setup to run a drain pump for 10 minutes and then the fill pump until the full sensor has been met. You would have to have the ATO in the AWC output also for it to work since it has to have the full sensor wet before it will start and also the ATO has to be disabled during the water change. That is all done within the auto water change output and schedule.
I know that’s possible. It’s just not in my case.

I wanted to know how flexible the app would become, have some sort of roadmap coming.

They don't normally release anything about upcoming improvements on the app or firmware until release. I am sure they are working on something since they have new controllers being released in the near future. So my guess is there won't be a release until they have things ready for the new controllers also, but that is just a guess on my part.

Back