Flashing red pump error

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

risk1994

Reaction score
Swapped to a new tank where the dual icecap 4k was working fine for a year. After a couple days, cleaned and plugged in again, now I'm getting a flashing red light on both pumps and the app is showing each pump as flashing red saying 'Pump Error'. It cycles between the red flashing and green connected every 10 seconds or so, the app shows the same.

I tried multiple power cycles, swapping the pumps, running with just one pump, running with just one and swapping inputs....no go.

The app works fine, connects fine.

Anyone seen this? I know I'll be told I have to re-assemble the pumps again (I've done this many times before) but I cant have put both of them together wrong.

Swapped to a new tank where the dual icecap 4k was working fine for a year. After a couple days, cleaned and plugged in again, now I'm getting a flashing red light on both pumps and the app is showing each pump as flashing red saying 'Pump Error'. It cycles between the red flashing and green connected every 10 seconds or so, the app shows the same.

I tried multiple power cycles, swapping the pumps, running with just one pump, running with just one and swapping inputs....no go.

The app works fine, connects fine.

Anyone seen this? I know I'll be told I have to re-assemble the pumps again (I've done this many times before) but I cant have put both of them together wrong.
Two things to check.

1. Make sure the cages aren't push in to tight. Pull them outward about 1mm. They can bind quite easily.

2. Make sure the pins in the connector to the pump and aligned and not bent. This is also a common issue if you're not aware.

Did this fix your issue?? Cuz I’m also having this problem… cleaning it now to see if that helps…

Back