Flow sensor cleaning

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

John Neuzil

Reaction score
Before I proceed farther than I should what is the procedure to clean the flow sensor. How far can it be safety disassembled.

Thanks

Sorry, can't help with your question, but curious - are you already cleaning the sensor? They haven't been out that long, I'm kinda surprised you'd need to clean one already.

Are there any exposed metal parts in the water column in the Hydros flow sensors?

Sorry, can't help with your question, but curious - are you already cleaning the sensor? They haven't been out that long, I'm kinda surprised you'd need to clean one already.
You know these flow sensors are just rebrands of a brand that already rebranded another companies sensor right?

There are screws holding it together but you can position it above the water .
I don't think you understand what I was asking, you would have to be pretty dull to put this item underwater....

Inside the sensor unit (under the cover where the screws are), is the impeller running off a metal shaft, are there any metal retaining rings inside, is the magnet exposed?

Based on the brand these are re-branded from, I assume they have a metal shaft in the ones under 1" (massive fail), have the metal retaining ring on the larger versions (fail but not as bad as metal shaft) and the smaller ones having the magnet exposed (err what). If this is the case why is there a premium being charged for these if all the problems are not addressed, they are after all only $10USD for the 1" version retail without the hydro brand on them?

"They haven't been out that long"

You know these flow sensors are just rebrands of a brand that already rebranded another companies sensor right?

I'm assuming the OP has a Hydros-branded flow meter and that is what he is asking the question about (it would be pretty disingenuous if he wasn't). As such, the hydros-branded meters haven't been out that long.

Anybody at Coralvue able to weigh in? Can we just remove the screws and take it apart without screwing it up.

Back