Having trouble with air in the line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BAMatter

Reaction score
Cross posted on FB…

X10 has been working well after I did some “air in the lines” troubleshooting. Been pretty solid for about 2 weeks, now I’m getting air in the lines again. Have made sure the connections are all tight, lines primed and calibrated. Had an errant alk reading that made me look with a flashlight and both sides of the dosing head have air. Is there a better tubing we can use? Not sure how much I can mess this up but seemed odd that it was working so well then started causing issues overnight… any tips, help here?

Is it worth it to try a Hydros 2ml/min run off the XP8 for my reagant line??

Is the 2ml/min pump more accurate than the X10 pumps?

Attachments

• IMG_4977.jpeg
    IMG_4977.jpeg
    576.8 KB · Views: 0
Cross posted on FB…

X10 has been working well after I did some “air in the lines” troubleshooting. Been pretty solid for about 2 weeks, now I’m getting air in the lines again. Have made sure the connections are all tight, lines primed and calibrated. Had an errant alk reading that made me look with a flashlight and both sides of the dosing head have air. Is there a better tubing we can use? Not sure how much I can mess this up but seemed odd that it was working so well then started causing issues overnight… any tips, help here?

Is it worth it to try a Hydros 2ml/min run off the XP8 for my reagant line??

Is the 2ml/min pump more accurate than the X10 pumps?
If you are getting air in the line then there is an air leak in the line somewhere. I use the X10 and noticed air bubbles. I replaced the tubing from the reagent reservoir and the pump and that fixed the issue. I check the tubing I removed and found a small pin hole at one end. I clipped off that end but have not installed it again. I have not had an issue with air bubbles since.

If you are getting air in the line then there is an air leak in the line somewhere. I use the X10 and noticed air bubbles. I replaced the tubing from the reagent reservoir and the pump and that fixed the issue. I check the tubing I removed and found a small pin hole at one end. I clipped off that end but have not installed it again. I have not had an issue with air bubbles since.
Is there a better quality tubing?

I like the tubing that comes with the X10. I think mine was because I was having trouble getting that one on the pump the first time.
I’ll take your word for it… thanks! I’m sure I’ll get it sorted.

Also, can you help with something regarding salinity? My sampled salinity is reaaaallllyyyy low like 23.7ppt and I just calibrated. The probe would read 35 and 28 when I checked the calibration. Made sure to blow all the water out, and the top probe holes are not covered up..

Attachments

• IMG_4984.jpeg
    IMG_4984.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 6
I’ll take your word for it… thanks! I’m sure I’ll get it sorted.

Also, can you help with something regarding salinity? My sampled salinity is reaaaallllyyyy low like 23.7ppt and I just calibrated. The probe would read 35 and 28 when I checked the calibration. Made sure to blow all the water out, and the top probe holes are not covered up..
Those numbers are not what I get on mine. What probe are you using?

IMG_0314.png

Using the probe that came with the salinity kit..
Do you have it set as a K10 probe in the settings? That is why I was asking what probe you were using. As far as what is normal for the readings I am not sure but mine is reading good but I also have a temp sensor in the iV beaker and use it as temp correction for the pH and salinity probe. Mine would drop to about 33 when we had cold weather. I have central heat and the thermostat is set to 74 but apparently that was enough of a difference.

Do you have it set as a K10 probe in the settings? That is why I was asking what probe you were using. As far as what is normal for the readings I am not sure but mine is reading good but I also have a temp sensor in the iV beaker and use it as temp correction for the pH and salinity probe. Mine would drop to about 33 when we had cold weather. I have central heat and the thermostat is set to 74 but apparently that was enough of a difference.
Yea it’s K10 set. I had originally had it K1 and got 4 digit readings instead of 5. Are the numbers I have really that far off from yours? I don’t know the scale..

Back