Help with flow patterns

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Braysky

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have seen posts from people that seem to show a graph of the actual flow pattern that is running, is this available somewhere because i cant find it.

Related to that, is there any info about how long the patterns take to run, or do they with my schedule? I.e, does nutrient export take 2 hours to run its complete intended cycle or will the full intended cycle happen in 10 minutes if thats how long i choose to run it?

Hi all,
I have seen posts from people that seem to show a graph of the actual flow pattern that is running, is this available somewhere because i cant find it.

Related to that, is there any info about how long the patterns take to run, or do they with my schedule? I.e, does nutrient export take 2 hours to run its complete intended cycle or will the full intended cycle happen in 10 minutes if thats how long i choose to run it?
Here are graphs and descriptions of all the flow patterns

I run Sine Wave in antisync mode and the times are fully adjustable all the way down to 2.5 seconds per cycle. Not sure on Nutrient Export mode but if you select it and it lets you adjust the time then there’s your answer :)

So the link you posted is where my question originates from. Every graph shows 1 to 6 - if this implying that all of these cycles take 6 hours to run?

In my use case, I'm currently running the LPS cycle, but if I wanted to switch into Ocean Swell for a bit, would I never reach the ending nutrient flush peak if I only ran it for 2 hours?

So the link you posted is where my question originates from. Every graph shows 1 to 6 - if this implying that all of these cycles take 6 hours to run?

In my use case, I'm currently running the LPS cycle, but if I wanted to switch into Ocean Swell for a bit, would I never reach the ending nutrient flush peak if I only ran it for 2 hours?
I believe those charts are for example only. I’ve ran sine wave, square wave, and triangle wave, all are “6 hours” on those charts but I’ve changed them all between a 26 second ramp down to 2.5 seconds. I don’t want to mess with my settings but if you choose Nutrient Export mode, and it allows you to change the time, put I on a 20 second cycle, and then pull up the status screen to watch the pump tiles. If the percentages go up and fall back down according to the chart within the 20 seconds as assigned, then you know it’s adjustable to however you want.

Unfortunately there are no time settings for most of those modes which is why I'm asking. Pulse is a repeating cycle with no variation to it, so you effectively assign the pulse width which makes sense. However, the programs for LPS, SPS, ocean swell, nutrient export, etc.. Have these very specific drawn out patterns that change over time - there's just no definition on time.

The only reason I'm curious is because something like ocean swell - it started that it runs a nutrient export at the end. Well if it wanted to run it at 9am and then feed a little later and let the nutrient phase cleanup after it before switching to LPS I don't know where to setup the time intervals. Even nutrient export itself
shows a long low energy interval before a large interval, so if I ran it for 10min, would I even get there?

Obviously the work around would be to just make my own high energy pattern from constant and/or pulse patterns.

So you can adjust pulse frequency and set the time on the schedule. I’ve never used it, but have needed to experiment with other flow modes and times before I tuned it to my liking. I suggest doing as I mentioned earlier. Set it for a 20 second pulse frequency, set the schedule for say 2 minutes, and just watch the tiles in the status screen to see what happens.

Attachments

• 53D27AB2-092B-4354-A04B-980F22C2FA0A.jpeg
    53D27AB2-092B-4354-A04B-980F22C2FA0A.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 9
How the "special" flow patterns are built is something that we do not release. The patterns are designed to recreate nature, and the specific combinations of flow patterns and time intervals are considered a trade secret.

How the "special" flow patterns are built is something that we do not release. The patterns are designed to recreate nature, and the specific combinations of flow patterns and time intervals are considered a trade secret.
What about timing though. If I run nutrient export for 10 mins does it run the entire cycle showed on the graphs?

I think we are just trying to figure out if length of the schedule impacts the if the pattern completes the cycle On The graph

What about timing though. If I run nutrient export for 10 mins does it run the entire cycle showed on the graphs?

I think we are just trying to figure out if length of the schedule impacts the if the pattern completes the cycle On The graph
The nutrient export mode is designed to be fast and furious, and create a turbulent environment to kick up detritus so it can be filtered out. I’m inclined to think it is a fairly short cycle with quick bursts then a longer (relative to the previous burgs) surge as illustrated, and is a set duration- it just repeats itself until the elapsed time programmed is reached. It will not be hard to program this into your schedule and simply observe it’s behavior.

Back