High quality peristaltic pump for ATO/AWC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Deva

Reaction score
what I would like to see is a high quality peristaltic pump for use as an ATO pump. I believe the dosser pumps can do but I am not sure on the head height and length of the run.
seems very few if any one is making them for ATO or AWC.
with the minnow and maven coming out might it be time for a better ATO pump or AWC unit!?

anyway I would love to see this!
cheers
Deva

I use two of these pumps in my basement to pump RODI and Saltwater up to my tank on the main floor for the AWC/ATO schedule. 12V DC DIY Peristaltic Liquid Pump Dosing Pump for Aquarium Lab Analytical 170~460mL/min. Not sure if I can post where I bought them but...

I also adapted them to work with 3/8 PEX water lines. I didn't want to have to worry about them passing through floors and walls and leaking.

what I would like to see is a high quality peristaltic pump for use as an ATO pump. I believe the dosser pumps can do but I am not sure on the head height and length of the run.
seems very few if any one is making them for ATO or AWC.
with the minnow and maven coming out might it be time for a better ATO pump or AWC unit!?

anyway I would love to see this!
cheers
Deva
I use the Hydros simple doser for my ATO pump and have been since it was released which is about 2 years. The DI reservoir is in my garage which is were the pumps is. It pulls water out of the reservoir which is under my work bench in the garage then up into the attic and 35ft across the attic and down in the wall next to the tank. Then it is out a wall box and up to the overflow. I have had no issues with it during that time. I did change the tubing in thr pump head after the first year and after inpection I could have went longer on it. So I have not changed it since. I used to use Intllab for the ATO and I was replacing the tubing on them about ever 8 months. I use a Minnow currently for my AWC and have been testing it with this task for several months. So far no issues and I have changed out up to 1.2 gallons a day split into 4 changes every 6 hours. The Minnow is in the garage also and the tubing for it is also run through the attic and the drain pump has to go back up through the attic and and go around 25ft then down a wall to empty into the kitchen sink drain. Since the Minnow has smart dosing pumps I have to use a dosing schedule and use an output setup to halt the ATO during the water change. I have the Minnow set to a flow rate of 55ml a minute which is the max flow rate for the pumps. This was just released recently but I was lucky enough to beta test it so I have had it for several months using it for water changes since I figured that it would get the most use in a shorter amount of time. The Minnow also has 4 sense ports and is considered a controller. So if you put it in a collective with other controllers you can use the sense ports for what ever you need them for.

For replacing evap, I run kamoer fx-stp2 dosers on continuous. No float switches, not float valves or optical sensors. Just set rate, that i manually adjust if needed with seasons. Essentially will never flood. Running at slow speed, the tubing lasts 10k+ hours. One is lifting up 6ft, and then over 10ft, then back down. Another of moving water the same lift, but about 2x as far. I think Parkers Reef on YT set one up to push water a crazy distance from his shed.

Back