IV set up, alk test error code 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef altitude

Reaction score
I just got my X10 a month ago and the iV yesterday. I just ran my first alk test and got error 1 twice now (failed to reach terminal pH, check reageent). The reagent pump is dosing and calibrated, and I followed the steps in the video pretty closely.

the reageent came in a bag and was a little wet, could that be the issue?

Any other ideas?

The reagent came in a bag? Are you using the PH calibration fluid by mistake? Maybe post a pic or 2 of your setup and what you’re using where…

I got everything running, I used a salifert test to compare and had a 0.8 dkh offset. It's that within the normal range of offset?

I just got my X10 a month ago and the iV yesterday. I just ran my first alk test and got error 1 twice now (failed to reach terminal pH, check reageent). The reagent pump is dosing and calibrated, and I followed the steps in the video pretty closely.

the reageent came in a bag and was a little wet, could that be the issue?

Any other ideas?

Did you test alkalinity with another reference? I helped somebody else out with same error earlier today and it turns out their alkalinity was legitimately high. Exceeded X10/iV test capabilities. Otherwise issue may be pH calibration, fill calibration (resulting sample too large), reagent calibration (dosing less reagent than expected), air in reagent lines (dosing less reagent than expected) or reagent concentration. It sounds like you're still using the ready mix which came with the X10. If so, even if it did leak I wouldn't expect significant, if any, change in concentration. Suggest checking the other items though.

Back