Klir filter roller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jstephens1973

Reaction score
Is it a problem to install my 2nd filter roller 90 degrees? I know water has to flow around so I moved my hydros water sensor up a little to compensate for it.

I only have a 20L sump so the motor hits the gate valve. I wish I could figure out a way to get a larger sump in my stand hah

AE2676C7-CDAF-41AA-B038-CE3382613DEB.jpeg

The front Klir is oriented as recommended per instructions. The back is acting as a bit of a barrier because you turned 90 degrees. Both would operate more efficiently if you positioned properly. But looks like you made the best with what you were given. Worst you can do is try, find you don't like how it's working and fallback to a single Klir. In most cases one is sufficient to handle flow. Two are for redundancy and less maintenance. I switch back and forth between very fine 5 micron filter socks and a single 7" Klir. Mostly use Klir when lazy or traveling. And push over 1000 gph through sump.

It shouldn't matter. The orientation mainly effects the sensor away from where the water enters and bubbles may set off the motor.

Back