Kraken power supply second cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Raiden

Reaction score
Just opened up a new Kraken and looks like there are two outputs form Meanwell PS, what is this about?

Seems like a bad idea for controller to use one and the other one sitting there without a cap or anything exposed? Also connection to the controller is not very IP67 looking :)

Just opened up a new Kraken and looks like there are two outputs form Meanwell PS, what is this about?

Seems like a bad idea for controller to use one and the other one sitting there without a cap or anything exposed? Also connection to the controller is not very IP67 looking :)
You do realize it is only 24v at that connector. It may be there for a future controller or expansion but not sure.

Still, they should've included caps. And really switch from push connectors to some sort of water proof screw on ones.

Seems like someone run out of time and shipped an engineering sample :)

Still, they should've included caps. And really switch from push connectors to some sort of water proof screw on ones.

Seems like someone run out of time and shipped an engineering sample :)
I have 2 of them and both are the same. I have had them quite a while now and had no issues with the connector. Here is a photo with one of them and the power supply.

IMG_9873.jpeg

I might get something like this to replace the connector Amazon.com , looks like one they used on the AC side of Meanwell.
Mine does not have a connector on the AC side but they are early ones. I have not had an issue with the connector used. It is a DC source so I would be very careful about that if you do replace it. Not sure how that would affect any warranty either by replacing it. Also be aware of the amount of current that supply can deliver which is 20 amps. Any connector used would have to have a greater current capacity. I would say at least 25-30 amps.

So is it only 24v or scarry 20 apms =P

Either way, I'm sure it's fine short term. But Hydros team really should replace those two connecters with something more secure and waterproof. It's one connector in the system that is not like the otheres hehe (aside from bad US plugs lol). And of course include a cap for the unused one.

With that second power connector coming from the Meanwell, would it be possible to connect another Kraken? Not sure there's an option to purchase the Kraken "alone". I'm about to use up all my ports - Force and Drive - and would like to add a few more things.

Don't think they sell them alone, but you can connect two. However, you would be limited by original total amount of power now split across two units. Which may work in your case, so might be more of a space saving thing to do and keeping second power supply as backup if first breaks of something.

Back