MP40 Pairing Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tdg910

Reaction score
After I factory reset, my Vortech controller just blinks Blue and Red indicating it’s too far from the WE but I have them 2ft apart. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same issue, getting the blue/red lights. My pumps are newer Mobius ones but I downgraded them. New RF chip in Wave Engine V2. What am I doing wrong? I'm following the guide exactly. I've tried powering down the Wave Engine before starting, after enabling Echotech pumps, after enabling pairing, still "too far" even 2 feet away! Maybe not off long enough?

I would first suggest testing the pumps by themselves (make one primary and the other secondary) and see if they work correctly. If they do not, then the issue is the downgrade. The pump might let you downgrade, but the legacy software might no longer work correctly with the rest of the new hardware inside the pump controller.

I would first suggest testing the pumps by themselves (make one primary and the other secondary) and see if they work correctly. If they do not, then the issue is the downgrade. The pump might let you downgrade, but the legacy software might no longer work correctly with the rest of the new hardware inside the pump controller.
That appears to be the case! These are my return pumps, and I like them otherwise. I'm running (2) Vectra M2 pumps now, the Reef Octopus Varios 4 are rated at only about half the flow rate. I want to make sure that I can set them up (through the Wave Engine) to a lesser flow, but not off, during feed cycle (like Mobius).

Vectra pumps are incompatible with the HYDROS, even with the non-Mobius firmware.

Having the same issue. Using two different chips, I can't get the pumps to pair. Pics of chips...

Attachments

• 20230827_095433.jpg
    20230827_095433.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230827_095436.jpg
    20230827_095436.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Anyone who has gotten MP40s to pair, would like to here what model of Vortech - anyone get the White WES models to pair?

Just wanted to post up about my issue pairing my Vortech MP40s. Here is how I made it happen/resolved the issues:

1. I am using a "green" wifi chip out of a WXM - I cant say if the black chip works or not. Mine is green. Used WXMs should be easy to come by - note that Apex uses hot glue to hold the chip in the sockets. Peel this away carefully.

2. I have older "white" Ecosmart wireless (ESw) pumps. They would not pair with the WEv2, but would pair with each other.

3. I bought a used Reeflink ($75, Ebay). It would not detect/discover the pumps either at first.

4. Setup Ecosmart Live account and update the Reeflink firmware.

5. Update each MP40's firmware. This was the interesting piece - the Reeflink would not discover them, but I was able to take them through the update steps using the Reeflink wirelessly. I did one at a time, and had to hold the Reeflink right next to the driver.

After that, I was able to get both pumps to pair. Super excited!

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I would ask on here since you seem very well versed on this.

I have 3 mobius mp40's. I also have one old wireless L2 controller, one old mp60W controller and a WXM. After opening the 2 VorTech controllers one is a green chip and the other is black I believe. They do both have the same exact model numbers on them. I haven't opened the WXM yet. I currently just have a Wave Engine LE running a gyre XF350. I would need to upgrade to the standard Wave Engine. Assuming I can somehow find the chip for it. Do you need chips for each Vortech? Or can you pair one and then have the other two slaves to that one (not through Hydros) just through the regular master slave config like the old days. Or since the pump becomes a slave and the Hydros controller is the master, does it get programmed that way and cannot also be used as a master to another device. My next question is, I opened the Wave Engine LE stupidly thinking it's the same ecotech chip that it takes and it doesn't. Do the Wave Engine LE and standard Wave Engine use different chips since one is larger and has more room?

Thanks,

Adam

Got the answer to the slave master question from seeing the coralvue video on how to set them up. Anyone know where I can get one of these chips or a ETM controller these days?

Thanks,

Adam

The Mobius MPs won't work. The old MP60 might work, but only if it is pre-Mobius. Also, you need the WEv2 with the ETM chip socket.

I used the RF module out of my ReefLink in my WEv2 but my pumps were not Mobius pumps. I was controlling them with the ReefLink.

Got the answer to the slave master question from seeing the coralvue video on how to set them up. Anyone know where I can get one of these chips or a ETM controller these days?

Thanks,

Adam

How many do you need? I've got one on my shelf and I'm on a cleaning spurt getting ready for replacement tank. Message me and I can ship it out to you.

Back