Multiple power supplies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jstephens1973

Reaction score
I want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly

Currently setup
Power supply- WELE-data/power cable—x4–data/power cable—XS

If I read correctly I can hook up a PS to the XS for some redundancy?

If a WaveEngine or XP8 is in the collective you cannot use the power packs without a data only cable between them and any XP8 or WaveEngine. More than one XP8 or WaveEngine mix can be connected with standard command buss cables just not the power packs. They even have to be seperated from each other with data only cables.

If a WaveEngine or XP8 is in the collective you cannot use the power packs without a data only cable between them and any XP8 or WaveEngine. More than one XP8 or WaveEngine mix can be connected with standard command buss cables just not the power packs. They even have to be seperated from each other with data only cables.
This is what confuses me figure E seems to say you can use a power/data to n the XS in my example

The power supply on the XP8 is isolated from the bus ports, and so are the power supplies on the WaveEngine. Therefore, they can safely connect with data/power command bus cables! There is no need for a data-only” command bus cable

Figure E

It is only the power packs that directly connect to the command buss that are an issue. The WaveEngine power supplies do not connect directly to the command buss. They have isolation within the WaveEngine to keep the voltage on the buss from entering back into the power supply. The power packs do not have any kind of isolation so it could cause an issue and damage a power pack or another supply that is connected to the buss.

This is what confuses me figure E seems to say you can use a power/data to n the XS in my example

The power supply on the XP8 is isolated from the bus ports, and so are the power supplies on the WaveEngine. Therefore, they can safely connect with data/power command bus cables! There is no need for a data-only” command bus cable

Figure E

Have you figured it out yet? I was fairly confused at first but have a grasp on it if you want to message me.

Have you figured it out yet? I was fairly confused at first but have a grasp on it if you want to message me.
reading the user guide it reads to me like i can use two power supplies since the power is isolated on the WE but after reviewing it more i see what them are saying with how the WE power works.

if i had 2 WE and a control X i could hook up each WE but since i have 1 WE and 2 controlX's i just use the one WE power supply .

reading the user guide it reads to me like i can use two power supplies since the power is isolated on the WE but after reviewing it more i see what them are saying with how the WE power works.

if i had 2 WE and a control X i could hook up each WE but since i have 1 WE and 2 controlX's i just use the one WE power supply .
The WE supplies are ok to use more than one since they do not hook directly to the command buss. They have their own connector on the WE and the WE isolates it from the command buss. It is just the power packs that hook directly to the command buss than cannot be used when a WE or XP8 is on the buss. The WE can power two controllers other than itself without an issue. The WE and XP8 can be on the command buss together without an issue.

Back