Need help setting up solenoid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adamc1303

Reaction score
I got the Hydros solenoid and two optical sensors, 1 for high and one for low. I’d like to set it up so that the solenoid gets energized and opens to fill my ATO bin. However I’d like to have it only turn on when both sensors are dry and then turn off when both are wet. I don’t want it to turn on when the high one is the only way dry. How would I set this up?

Thanks,

Adam

I got the Hydros solenoid and two optical sensors, 1 for high and one for low. I’d like to set it up so that the solenoid gets energized and opens to fill my ATO bin. However I’d like to have it only turn on when both sensors are dry and then turn off when both are wet. I don’t want it to turn on when the high one is the only way dry. How would I set this up?

Thanks,

Adam

Use the RODI Filter type output. Set your high and low level inputs and the feed output device. Set the feed to the drive port your solenoid is connected to. Disregard the other output devices. As a safety precaution, suggest enabling feed advanced settings and setting a maximum on time approximately 1.5x the duration it takes to fill. This will prevent it from overflowing if the sensors malfunction. Will probably need to allow it to fill a handful of times then check LOGS to learn fill duration value.

Realize you're filling ATO bin and not actually doing RODI function but this output type accomplishes exactly what you want. You can change the tile icon to something more appropriate by clicking the pencil in upper left corner during configuration and selecting a different icon.

How would you do this same idea but if one was using a pump to get it to the ATO BIN?

There isn't anything preventing you from using a pump instead of solenoid with this output. Just select the appropriate output device from the dropdown. 110v Launch/XP8/wifi outlet, 24v Kraken Force port or 12v Kraken/Launch/X2/X4/XD port. An output is an output. Hydros doesn't care.

I was just wondering if matters which spot has my pump and solenoid.

You want to water from a RODI bin to an ATO bin? If moving from one bin to another then setting solenoid as booster device and transfer pump as feed device would probably work with a caveat. If Hydros also manages your RODI filter then set FW SOLENOID to depend on the RODI with an off if on dependdncy mode. This would prevent the solenoid and pump from remaining on if the RODI bin was low. If Hydroa doesn't manage the RODI fulter thsn you run the risk of burning out the solenoid and pump if the RODI bin is empty for an extended time for some reason.

So I also see the water valve solenoid no longer available is there another setup possibly using the float switch to then cut power to pump?

So I also see the water valve solenoid no longer available is there another setup possibly using the float switch to then cut power to pump?
Where did you see that? It is still on the CoralVue website but you would have to get it from a dealer though. Have you checked any of the online dealers?

It is still avalable. Unsure where you may be seeing otherwise. If you keep the ATO bin output side above the water line then solenoid would be a moot point anyway.

Back