No Wave Engine (v1) Wifi Fallback?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KWolfe81

Reaction score
I recently built a collective using a Wave Engine V1 and Control x4. If my Control 4x goes offline (e.g. powered off), my Wave Engine keeps running (great, expected), but does not connect to the cloud. I suppose this is explained as the V1 cannot operate as a WiFi Collective Master, but I am surprised it doesn't fall back to anything given that it is totally capable of connecting to the cloud so long as it's not in a collective. Sad face for all us v1 owners out there.

The WEv1 cannot be a wifi master of the collective so I cannot say what would happen exactly but since the WEv1 can run stand alone then I would expect any pumps would run as long as they did not depend on something on the X4 such as a depends on setting or one of the X4 inputs.

I recently built a collective using a Wave Engine V1 and Control x4. If my Control 4x goes offline (e.g. powered off), my Wave Engine keeps running (great, expected), but does not connect to the cloud. I suppose this is explained as the V1 cannot operate as a WiFi Collective Master, but I am surprised it doesn't fall back to anything given that it is totally capable of connecting to the cloud so long as it's not in a collective. Sad face for all us v1 owners out there.

Connect to cloud and collective master are two different functions. Sure, it can't be collective master. Never has been capable of that. But definitely connects to cloud as a standalone device or member of a collective. If your X4 is down, Wave Engine will remain up and connected. What were you seeing during disconnect?

Back