Noob - Need Assistance with Dastaco Alarm and a 4k GPD Topoff System

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

o2manyfish

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to click and read my post and hopefully guide me.

I have 2 somewhat non-normal output programs that I think the settings are there but I'm not configuring them correctly.

Topoff:

We have a 1500g Coral system. 750g of the system is outside the house in the back yard and side yard. We have (2) 180g low boy frag tanks. Living in Los Angeles where we have Santa Ana winds and temps as high as 118 in the back yard our evaporation level is very high (We use fans for evaporative cooling). On a cold rainy day we evaporate 10-12g just because of all the exposed surface area. On a hot breezy day we can evaporate out 75-110g per day. To accomodate this kind of demand we have 4k GPD RO/DI system.

With such a large RO/DI system, it's very easy for something to go wrong and the topoff to run long.

And the 4k GPD system uses a pressure pump which is pretty loud and the filter wall with the RO system is below our master bedroom.

I want to configure the Top Off System to Do the Following things:

1) Controlled by a Triple Optical Sensor ( Hooked this up on Saturday and placed it several inches above the water level while I got things connected. During 24 hours I have received numerous OVERLOW notices - when the unit is above the water line. There is a lot of splashing in that area of the sump and the sensor unit is wet - but it's inches above being submergred - Not sure if it's an issue with the sensor or I need to put it in a different location with less splashing...)

2) Mechanical Float Switch above the Triple Optical as a Back-Up Double Check.

3) Top Off Can only occur between 9am and 10pm

4) Top off must run for a minimum of 20 mins - Regardless of Triple Optical Sensor saying the water level is normal.

5) Top off can only run for a max of 115 mins at a time.

6) Would like to arrange this topoff so it only occurs 2 or 3x a day. I don't want the RO system to run lots of times a day

7) Triple back up - If Salinity Below Setpoint X - Top Off does not occur

8) - This is not critical but would be nice - Add a Flow Sensor on the Topoff supply line and if the flow is Greater than Zero when the Topoff Outlets are off Trigger a different outlet which is a secondary backup solenoid to shut off the water. Email me ASAP

Dastaco Calcium Reactor.

We are running a giant Dastaco XL9. It's a beautiful machine but it can be finicky as can be. If it runs out of CO2 it trips an alarm, if you breathe to loudly it trips an alarm, if the dog walks in the room and farts - it trips the alarm. If you think cool the Dastaco has been running beautifully for quite awhile now - It trips an alarm.

Fortunately, the Dastaco controller has a DRY contact output that closes when the unit goes into an alarm state. When in an alarm state the unit shuts down and just beeps until you come in and caress it and whisper to it quietly words of encouragement.

I have wired a 240v reverse relay into the power supply for the Dastaco. Activating the Relay shuts off the power to Dastaco Controller - which resets the alarm.

Here is what I need it to do

1) When Input 'Dastaco Alarm' Closed then Activate Outlet 'Dastaco Off'

2) Activate outlet 'Dastaco Off' for only 30 seconds and then turn Dastaco outlet back OFF - Ignoring the 'Dastaco Alarm' Input Status

3) If it's possible.... if the alarm occurs 4x or more within an hour to text me a heads up.

I tried to setup the Topoff Outlet but on my first topoff cycle this after it ran for about 25mins then shut off and then kept clicking on for a minute then off again. This is not good because a) I don't want the RO to go on/off 100x a day. b) I have a built in Solenoid Controller that when the RO turns on it dumps the first 5 mins of water produced before it starts topping off the system. I'm hoping the TDS Inline Meter I can possibly cut down that start up water disposal and waste the water only till the topoff drops to 0 for 30secs.

I think these are a little more complicated that most outlet programming. And I did try to program the topoff on my own before asking for help. So I greatly appreciate those that can help me get these outlets programmed correctly, quickly, so I can get these critical system operating correctly under the HYDROS system.

Thanks

Dave B

Back