Notification phone number

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Capsaicin

Reaction score
Since SMS notification is no longer a supported behavior, is the requirement of phone number a vestigial feature? Are there any other features requiring a phone number?

Attachments

• 20210603_152343.jpg
    20210603_152343.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 8
What do you mean SMS notification is no longer a supported behavior? I was getting SMS notifications just the other day

carlos if your listing i don't think that is a good idea removing it all together. am an over the road trucker and i need that sms message so i can get the right people to my house. if your removing it then i just wasted all that money for nothing. i hope its a glitch

carlos if your listing i don't think that is a good idea removing it all together. am an over the road trucker and i need that sms message so i can get the right people to my house. if your removing it then i just wasted all that money for nothing. i hope its a glitch

Yes txt msg alerts are being discontinued due to some companies randomly blocking txts from AWS. Neptune is phasing it out too since they ran into swaths of customers who were missing notifications.

There are work arounds if you still want txt messages for notices. You can use your email to forward email notifications to SMS. All major carriers have an email that maps to your cell number, for example verizon its 1234567890@vtext.com (where 1-0 is the phone number). This site has a list of common carriers: How to Send Text Messages Using an Email Address

Then you can setup a filter in your web email to forward any email from hydros@coralvue.com.

For example in Gmail go to settings and first add your email to txt address as a forwarding destination:
1623701505473.png

Then go to Filters and Blocked Addresses to make a new filter.

1623701595593.png

Enter in the FROM address the email above and then click create filter. Select the Forward it to: option and direct it to your sms email address.

1623701654729.png

Now you will automatically get txt when email alerts come through. Update your notification pref in hydros to reflect this as well to make emails the highest priority on all alerts if you want.

What is the difference between the Phone push notification vs the SMS? I can't tell if I'm getting SMS or Push on my phone. I just triggered a Orange notification and seems like the SMS is still working

In short, an SMS text message allows users to send text messages up to 160 characters in length via a text client. ... In contrast, a push notification is a brief message or alert that is "pushed" through an application to recipients who have downloaded that application.

Back