PH testing with X10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BAMatter

Reaction score
Since I took my X4 offline and put an X10 in its spot, it dropped me down to 1 PH probe and that will be used with alk testing. Is there a way to test for PH other than when an alk test is running? I’d like to test PH as frequent as possible since it won’t be a constant monitor in my sump.

Since I took my X4 offline and put an X10 in its spot, it dropped me down to 1 PH probe and that will be used with alk testing. Is there a way to test for PH other than when an alk test is running? I’d like to test PH as frequent as possible since it won’t be a constant monitor in my sump.
At this time it will only test at the beginning of the alkalinity testing.

@Danny another question- if you only test alk 4 times a day, is that the only times you can dose alk if you dynamic dose? I’d like to dose alk throughout the day but only want to test alk 4 or 6 times in a 24 hour period

@Danny another question- if you only test alk 4 times a day, is that the only times you can dose alk if you dynamic dose? I’d like to dose alk throughout the day but only want to test alk 4 or 6 times in a 24 hour period

You can dose as frequently as you like. It's not at all tied to the alkalinity testing frequency. Just value. So the more frequently you test, the more current the valur and stability as dynamic dosing is adjusted based on the the most recent result. You can dose more frequently than you test but run the risk of overdosing if you're not careful resulting in both alkalinity and pH swings. Don't know what you did with the X4 after removing it but believe it wouldn't be a horrible idea to put it back to monitor tank pH in real-time.

You can dose as frequently as you like. It's not at all tied to the alkalinity testing frequency. Just value. So the more frequently you test, the more current the valur and stability as dynamic dosing is adjusted based on the the most recent result. You can dose more frequently than you test but run the risk of overdosing if you're not careful resulting in both alkalinity and pH swings. Don't know what you did with the X4 after removing it but believe it wouldn't be a horrible idea to put it back to monitor tank pH in real-time.
So say I want to dose once an hour, but only want to test 6 times-

00:00 alk tests 8.8dkh but 9dkh is low point

Will the next 4 doses be based off that 8.8dkh and dose the amount programmed for low value, until the next test is done at 04:00?

Yes they will but in reality the tank should be using about the same amount each day. It will be more in the day. If you are currently dosing you will have an idea what the normal amount used for a day. I would make that the center between the lowest dose and the highest dose. I don't change the dose that much between low and high so even if it did either all day it would not be that big of a deal.

Is that a feature that’s been requested? I feel
like it could be useful. Don’t know if I’m alone there or not.
You aren’t alone. I asked about this right when the iv came out. I assume this won’t happen with the maven, minnow etc now the focus. It is interesting though, Carlos at RAP Orlando was touting how the maven would allow testing at different intervals for each parameter…don’t forget about us iv users!!

You aren’t alone. I asked about this right when the iv came out. I assume this won’t happen with the maven, minnow etc now the focus. It is interesting though, Carlos at RAP Orlando was touting how the maven would allow testing at different intervals for each parameter…don’t forget about us iv users!!
Connor said there’s a new app coming out- not sure when exactly, likely information is wrapped tight for that, but I’m under the impression from his response that this is a feature that will be on the new app, ability to test PH more frequently. But don’t quote me on that, it was a FB post he commented on and I’m just interpreting it how I see it.

Back