Possible to shorten rope leak sensor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Andy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have the rope leak sensor and little plastic clip things. Just it's way too long, need it to run around a 20 long sump and the excess is getting in the way. So is it possible to cut off the 3.5mm socket and a chunk of rope, then solder the socket back on with a little heat shrink sleeving to protect the joins? Anyone tried this or will I be breaking new ground?

Thx all.

Hi All,

Have the rope leak sensor and little plastic clip things. Just it's way too long, need it to run around a 20 long sump and the excess is getting in the way. So is it possible to cut off the 3.5mm socket and a chunk of rope, then solder the socket back on with a little heat shrink sleeving to protect the joins? Anyone tried this or will I be breaking new ground?

Thx all.
Not sure that would work since the rope is conductive plastic. I don't think it would soldier since plastic usually melts at those high temps.

Interesting, assumed there was some wire in there somewhere. Need to do some more homework on this then. Thx for pointing me in a different direction!

Hi All,

Thx all.
Funny, I was just wondering about that today

So I decided to just cut the rope and see what happens......it still works. Obviously it can't be extended but that isn't a problem. Added a blob of silicon to the cut end to seal it and stop the rope from unraveling in the future, although I doubt that would happen. Now just need to get into some tight spaces round the sump and stick it down with the clips.........one of those times I wish the cabinet was bigger or I had a smaller sump!

Back