Probe issues - cross posted to FB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BAMatter

Reaction score
I had halted my X10 alk testing for about 3-4 weeks, and the test beaker was completely dried up. I attempted to recal the probe pretty much knowing it was toast but wanted to double check, and it was toast. Issue here, the new PH probe I put on yesterday was having the same calibrating issues. Coming fairly close to the 7 ph fluid, and pretty much going backwards when attempting the 10 ph and 4 ph solutions.

Chances of a bad PH probe brand new out of the box? It did appear to be shipped correctly with the cap and fluid…

More importantly, because probes are easy enough to replace, are there any chances of damage to the X10 board with having a dried up probe for a couple weeks attached to it?

Best course of action?

Thanks 🙏🏻

Saw @Danny replied to your FB post. Always a possibility pH probe is bad out of the box. But kind of would tend to think not. And wouldn't think the dry probe would cause any issues with the X10 board as it is measuring such a low voltage. Any chance you have offsets applied? Clear that if your do. Also if the previous probe was out of spec, may be possible the 4.0pH calibration is skewing your results before you even calibrate. Would try clearing any existing 4.0. 7.0 and 10.0 calibrations when replacing the probe. And, per documentation, suggested let probe acclimate for a few days before attempting to calibrate.

Saw @Danny replied to your FB post. Always a possibility pH probe is bad out of the box. But kind of would tend to think not. And wouldn't think the dry probe would cause any issues with the X10 board as it is measuring such a low voltage. Any chance you have offsets applied? Clear that if your do. Also if the previous probe was out of spec, may be possible the 4.0pH calibration is skewing your results before you even calibrate. Would try clearing any existing 4.0. 7.0 and 10.0 calibrations when replacing the probe. And, per documentation, suggested let probe acclimate for a few days before attempting to calibrate.
Thanks.

Is there an easy way to fully delete the output and start from scratch? Or would I need to entirely delete the alk testing outputs and start over there?

Thanks.

Is there an easy way to fully delete the output and start from scratch? Or would I need to entirely delete the alk testing outputs and start over there?

No need to delete as I'm sure the input is referenced elsewhere and would require changes to all those downstream references. Just select the iV pH input, scroll down to the bottom and Clear the 4.0, 7.0 and 10.0 calibrations. Then Upload Configuration and recalibrate.

No need to delete as I'm sure the input is referenced elsewhere and would require changes to all those downstream references. Just select the iV pH input, scroll down to the bottom and Clear the 4.0, 7.0 and 10.0 calibrations. Then Upload Configuration and recalibrate.
Yea, kinda figured it would be a mess to do so.

Hopefully I can get this sorted. Wonder if maybe the probe was incredibly cold for shipping… would that affect the viscosity of the liquid in the probe itself?

@thom_smith I would imagine it’s grayed out because it’s the only port, but SHOULD it be grayed out when I select Probe Port?

Attachments

• IMG_6669.jpeg
    IMG_6669.jpeg
    713 KB · Views: 7
For the record, I contacted American Marine and described my situation and diagnostics. They told me the probe is definitely no good and likely cracked from shipping mishandling. I’ll update when new one arrives to see if that was the case.

@thom_smith I would imagine it’s grayed out because it’s the only port, but SHOULD it be grayed out when I select Probe Port?

It is greyed out because there is no available probe port to select? They're all in use elsewhere. What do you have for probe ports in use when you goto left dropdown then INPUTS? Goto the dropdown and NOT status screen as invisible items may not appear on the status screen.

Back