Random reboots

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Was it because of a device limit? I’m using a WiFi extender, not an access point due to location of router/modem… when I try to pair a WiFi strip, the 4 devices on one of my collectives start breathing yellow. They return to normal after the pairing times out. Is this a signal strength issue, too many devices issue, or something else? Any idea?
I am thinking that was it but it never really gave one in the information I have but the new one says 64 devices so I have a little room with it.

I am thinking that was it but it never really gave one in the information I have but the new one says 64 devices so I have a little room with it.
Is there a way to find out how many a router can handle? Don’t think I have any paperwork for it and can’t find much info on Xfinity…

I had the same issue with my old router. It was a Asus router but so is the new one. The new one said in the info I was looking at. It has both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz with the same name and password and it won't let me separate them but has not caused an issue and I got it about mid December.

I had the same issue with my old router. It was a Asus router but so is the new one. The new one said in the info I was looking at. It has both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz with the same name and password and it won't let me separate them but has not caused an issue and I got it about mid December.
Is that an outlier by not having any issues with the same name/password on both 2.4 and 5 bands? I feel like Hydros has been saying you’ll have all sorts of issues if you do it that way, or maybe they were just trying to eliminate any “possible” problems to set people up for success?

Is that an outlier by not having any issues with the same name/password on both 2.4 and 5 bands? I feel like Hydros has been saying you’ll have all sorts of issues if you do it that way, or maybe they were just trying to eliminate any “possible” problems to set people up for success?
Not sure, it is not a MESH network so that may be a plus. It probably does not switch things to the 5ghz channel on it's own. I did use the same name and password as the 2.4ghz channel on the old router so that may also be why I did not have an issue with that since the wifi devices were already paired.

Not sure, it is not a MESH network so that may be a plus. It probably does not switch things to the 5ghz channel on it's own. I did use the same name and password as the 2.4ghz channel on the old router so that may also be why I did not have an issue with that since the wifi devices were already paired.
If an extender is set up not as an access point, the devices are still on the original WiFi that the router sends out right? If you set up an access point, are the devices on the AP on an entirely new WiFi or is it still on the original router the AP is jumped off of?

I think the router still controls the traffic. The devices connected to my access point still show up as separate devices on my router.

I think the router still controls the traffic. The devices connected to my access point still show up as separate devices on my router.
Ok, so I need to do some digging into device count for my router. I think I’m at the tipping point and it manifests as drops depending on a couple devices that float in between networks. Thanks as always

On mine I was also having issues connecting with my surface occasionally until I would reboot the router. So it was not always just the wifi strips in my case.

Back