Real night mode

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Geraud

Reaction score
Hello,

Would it be possible to have a real night mode with all lights off? The status light that stays on and is very bright to the eyes since it is white/green, and does not even dim at night.

Unless there is actually an alert, we should be able to turn everything off.

Thank you!

I just upgraded from an X3 to an X4 with XP8 in a collective. But I can't stand how bright the white status LED is for the primary unit. Any chance we could have a true night mode with all the LEDs off? My tank is in my bedroom and the light is really making it tough to sleep tonight. Thanks.

Hello,

I'd like to bump this as it is indeed an even worse problem when you have a collective. I have 2 Control 4 and 1 Control 2, and that's a stupid amount of light.

Could we get some feedback from @Carlos maybe?

Hello,

I'd like to bump this as it is indeed an even worse problem when you have a collective. I have 2 Control 4 and 1 Control 2, and that's a stupid amount of light.

Could we get some feedback from @Carlos maybe?
I have not noticed an issue with mine at night but the tank is in a separate room. There is only the tank and a computer with printer in the room. It is lit up during the day but not much at night.

I have not noticed an issue with mine at night but the tank is in a separate room. There is only the tank and a computer with printer in the room. It is lit up during the day but not much at night.

I sleep maybe 2 feet from it and it lights up the whole ceiling with reflected light at night with the X4 and XP8. I had to cover them with masking tape to darken them. The X3 I had before would go much darker at night. Seems like it could be a useful thing for a software update?

I sleep maybe 2 feet from it and it lights up the whole ceiling with reflected light at night with the X4 and XP8. I had to cover them with masking tape to darken them. The X3 I had before would go much darker at night. Seems like it could be a useful thing for a software update?
Would you happen to have a picture of how you dealt with that? Did you put masking tape all around? Is that enough?

Luckily I have mine in a cabinet, but I still see the glow through the cracks. Ide be all for the true night mode.

Back