Remove Collective Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BR260354

Reaction score
I currently have the following:
XP8 with terminator and bus connection to X4 that is bus connected to X2 that is bus connected to WEv2 that has a terminator and is connected to Icecap backup power supply for power. All is great! I'm looking to remove the X2 and move it to my water mixing station. There is no way to run any type of cable to that location from my setup. That would be nice, but nope. Anyway, the X2 will drive my sensors and solenoids for that operation.

I already removed the existing sensor and drive devices from the X2. Do I just disconnect the two bus cables coming from the X4/WEv2 and just connect the X4/WEv2 together? Can I do this while the collective is running?

For the X2, I was just going to create another collective....or do I just make it one device. I may add a WiFi power strip to it, but I don't believe it needs to be a collective for that.

Thanks!

I would suggest powering down the collective to remove and re-connect the X4/WEv2. Simply removing something from the end of the chain would be safe. But you risk damaging the 24v command bus when plugging into the X4/WE while powered. Also, don't forget to remove the X2 from the collective below DEVICES in the left side dropdown.

Remove the device from the collective first?

Thanks again!

Correct. You're moving the X2 to manage the mixing station. It can not be a member of two collectives at once. And it can't be a member of the existing collective without a command bus connection. So in the DEVICES menu from the left side three bars dropdown you need to click the trash can to remove it from the original collective. After removing it, power down, disconnect and move to your mixing station. Then when you click the three bars in the upper left you will be able to select between the existing collective and standalone X2 (or another collective if you have multiple Controls associated with your mixing station). The X2 registration and wifi settings will be retained so you will only need to configure the inputs and outputs associated with the mixing station.

Back