Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0, Reef Octopus Varios 8 or Jaebo MDP 20000 return pump?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Compy Ginorio

Reaction score
As the title suggests this is another return pump question.

Last Saturday night my Varios8 died on me after years 7+ of service, at least my UV-PUMP keeps the tank running, but I need to replace the return pump asap. I been researching and looking for a replacement and came up with this three options, another Varios8, Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0 or a Jaebo MDP 20000. All of these pumps will make the job done for shure.

But my questions are...

1. Which one will be the best choice? I'm very inclined to try a different brand, even My Varios8 was a horse power house and it wouldn't require any modification to the plumbing "plug and play". Anyway I will take these opportunity to remake the plumbing because one of the manifold ball valve strips and can't no longer be used with one of my reactors.

2. Did the Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0 can be controlled by Hydros? I read somewhere that they are working on it, but it was a post about a year old. And can't find any updates on this matter.

3. Jaebo MDP 20000 - I looked at the Post by @JeffB418 on interfacing Jaebo pumps to Hydros Control but since this pump is relatively new from the Jeff post. This one isn't in the list of pumps that could be used in his DIY guide. Can it be linked?

On and all... this three pumps options are in the same price range including the Jaebo MDP with the extras accessories for the linkage, if it can be used.

I will appreciate suggestions and thoughts if anyone has used any of these pumps (Sicce Syncra SDC 9.0, Jaebo MDP 20000).

Thanks you all,
Compy

IMHO I would stick with the Varios8. Not that there is anything wrong with the other choices. I'm just an Reef Octopus Fan. :)

Looks like Michael posted a link for you. It controls it through the cloud. The Hydros connect to the Sicce cloud to control and get return data. So no hardwired connections.

Back